Different colours

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hrforever

Ok, have just been looking at the wiring on my new V8 baby that has come out of a late model SC400. Apart from the amazing quantity of wires, I am lucky the loom is complete and uncut. The biggest problem to getting everything to work is my wire colours do not correspond to those shown on the wiring diagrams on this web site.

I have used the wiring for the igniters as a check. The Diagram for the "late SC400" shows wires as Y/GRN, W/R, B, BLU, B/ORG plus B/ORG, R, Y/B, BRN/Y.

Mine however has Y/GRN, W, GRN/W, GRY, B plus Y, BRN, GRY/W, R.

I have also compared my wires to those shown in the 1996 LS400 diagrams but again they are different.

Do the wire colours change depending on the year of the vehicle and if so where can I get the correct wiring diagrams from. Any help on this would be gratefully accepted.

Yes mate, welcome to the world of Toyota, where they change the colours of the wires more often than you change your underwear.

The best thing you can do is fine an ecu pinout that corresponds to your ecu (like this) and go from there.

Once you have found a pinout that suits then spend a few hours going over the loom and learning what is what.

If you have a complete loom and ecu then its literally only 10-20 wires that need connecting (depending on how good you want the job to be) and its done.

10 wires will get the basics working (will get engine running, fuel pump, dash guages etc), 20 wires will get everything working (PRND21 lights on dash, PWR button, O/D off button, aircon, etc etc).

I used a 1991 Soarer loom and these are all the wires I connected.

FYI, the "late SC400" diagram you have is for the USDM car, as the SC400 is a USDM only car. In Aust we have JDM Soarer's only, so you'll need that wiring diagram. Much hard to come across.

Start here to try and determine exactly what you have.
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3348

Lots of the time you get told something different to what you have because either a) they don't know what they are selling or b) they try to make it sound better.

eg I was told when I bought my first motor that it was a 1995/96 motor. As I didn't know anything about 1UZ's at the time I believed him. After some research it turned out to be a 1990 Crown motor.

or u can send me yr loom and illsend it back all done with only afew wiresleft over for u to wire up

there are about 6 or 8 different 1uz looms and ecus

Attachments

• DSC00043 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00043 (Medium).JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 4
Peewee, that site was great. It appears to confirm the motor is a late model going by the number sequences and pin layout. Thanks.

Sideshow, your offer is great. At this stage the loom is complete (uncut) so would you want everything? Its my first venture into the Toyota V8 so my knowledge base is low on its electrics.