Is the sump flange different on various 1uz's?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

edz

I'm redoing the sump on my 1uz and tried a flange from CRS in Victoria as I've used there parts before. What surprised me was that the flange had different bolt patterns to my two motors? CRS were great and accepted the plate back and refunded my money but were as surprised as me that it didn't fit. Has anyone come across this before, I thought all 1uz sumps were the same? I've attached pics.

My motor is a 1990 crown, not sure about the other block but I can check.

Attachments

• sump1.jpg
    sump1.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 53
  • sump2.jpg
    sump2.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 47
  • sump3.jpg
    sump3.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 43
  • sump4.jpg
    sump4.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 37
  • sump5.jpg
    sump5.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 37
I have swapped sumps between , Front , mid and rear and mid 4x4 without issue. Also sat a 1uz sump onto a 2uz the other day. Same shape but the 2uz had some 8mm bolts where the 1uz had 6mm. only on a couple of holes so they too would interchange.

Cheers

Attachments

• DSC04545.JPG
    DSC04545.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC04555.JPG
    DSC04555.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC04558.JPG
    DSC04558.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC04562.JPG
    DSC04562.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC04571.JPG
    DSC04571.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC04565.JPG
    DSC04565.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC04581.JPG
    DSC04581.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC04606.JPG
    DSC04606.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC04652.JPG
    DSC04652.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 417
I used a CRS sump and I had to drill and tap 2 additonal holes toward the rear on each side.

I will say some holes didn't line up too well but with a little relieving it all went together.

CRS Sump

I used a CRS sump and I had to drill and tap 2 additonal holes toward the rear on each side.

I will say some holes didn't line up too well but with a little relieving it all went together.
Thanks Rod, that's what I found. Two extra holes at the back, front corner hole was out. Cheers Ed

BTW - getting close to rego - sorting out my sump oil leak and then I can send it off for a tune.

I have swapped sumps between , Front , mid and rear and mid 4x4 without issue. Also sat a 1uz sump onto a 2uz the other day. Same shape but the 2uz had some 8mm bolts where the 1uz had 6mm. only on a couple of holes so they too would interchange.

Cheers

Thanks Gloverman, I thought they were all close.

Nice bellhousing btw! Ed

I love the way these engines fit in Supra's and look factory, most people would never know.

I'm also just about to re do my sump so is the CRS part just a flange? I was just going to draw it up and laser cut one out of some 10 mm steel. Does anyone know if the (correct) drawing is available in the public domain?

sump flange

I love the way these engines fit in Supra's and look factory, most people would never know.

I'm also just about to re do my sump so is the CRS part just a flange? I was just going to draw it up and laser cut one out of some 10 mm steel. Does anyone know if the (correct) drawing is available in the public domain?

CRS normally only sell a complete sump. Glenn (from CRS) was on here and offered me the flange only for $120 inc post however I decided to send it back as it was out on a couple of holes (as in my pics).

I did get a price of $110 (good price) locally for one scanned from a sump and laser cut but they were a couple of week from finishing setting up in their new premises.

I ended up recutting / straightening and welding my sump.

Now I've found the rear main is leaking oil (probably due to the breathers not being set up properly) - not sure how hard it is to replace the rear main?

Sump Cad file

Forgot to mention, the cad file is mentioned in a couple of posts, but I could not find it. Ed

Cheers Ed,

I'll do another search, laser cutting is cheap if you have the dxf or cad file.

Laser cutting

Cheers Ed,

I'll do another search, laser cutting is cheap if you have the dxf or cad file.

Agree, but when I talked to Acuform at Hume (in Canberra) they were happy to make one for $120 including plate and scanning off an original sump which was good value. I had another quote in Queanbeyan for $300 for the same thing hand measured!

Acuform - maps.google.com.au
73 Sheppard St, Hume - (02) 6260 2533

Hey,im building a 10mm steel sump flange plate at mo.. & i have found the front two (corner bolts) are out?! as in you cannot flip the flange over.. the rest of the holes are mirror imaged.Take measurements frm the back of the engine to each hole,you will see what i mean.. Did you try flipping ur flange over?It had me thinking for a while....