Differences LS460/IS-F

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jim Blackwood

Does anyone know what differences there are between the transmissions used in the LS460 and the IS-F? (AA80E) I've gathered there may be some differences in the controllers but are the transmissions the same? Would an LS460 transmission act the same as an IS-F transmission if it was put in an IS-F? Thanks,

Jim

The answer is that they are not the same. Among the changes made to the LS460's 8 speed transmission was the use of a high rate linear solenoid to enable lightning fast gear changes so the crucial question of whether or not the LS460's transmission will shift as fast as that of the IS-F is, no it will not. At least, not unless later LS460's were fitted with the modified transmissions, a question that could possibly be answered by referring to the part numbers.

A further question, can the LS460 lock up the torque converter in gears 2 through 8 or did that require a physical modification of the transmission itself? I don't have the answer for that one.

Jim

Jim, sorry for the poor response to your questions, but AFAIK we only have/had one LS460 owner here, and I don't know that any of us have free access to Toyota's TIS anymore.

Doesn't mean no one is interested in the subject; just no one seems to have the answers to your questions!