LS400 transmission differences...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Bushwhacker

Hi people,
Can anyone tell me if there are any differences between the A30-41 and A30-42 transmissions?

My A30-41 transmission's fluid pump is toast! I've got no drive, just neutral in every gear position and the fluid level stays the same on the dipstick with engine running or switched off.
I have a ('96) A30-42 transmission here I could use, but I need to know if it will work in place of the ('94) A30-41.

TIA.:)

Nope

Electronics are different

They also use different trans fluid which can kill them. For example the earlier one used Valvoline type D and the later uses Maxlife and some use DX3. Wrong fluid and "Bye bye". Best way is to "reverse engineer" you ECU part no via toyodiy to get the model it came out of and go from there

Nope

Electronics are different

They also use different trans fluid which can kill them. For example the earlier one used Valvoline type D and the later uses Maxlife and some use DX3. Wrong fluid and "Bye bye". Best way is to "reverse engineer" you ECU part no via toyodiy to get the model it came out of and go from there

Really? They look physically identical, even all of the sensor positions.

I thought the differences were just gear ratios?

ummmm use the toyota auto trans fluid in all

The A340 series are interchangeable BUT some torque converters and pumps have different splines, some use a cable for line pressure others are electronic and finally there a MANY different output shaft configurations (see www.supras.nl )

I have used a MA70 auto trans and torque converter behind the 1uz in my cressida wagon, just swaped a UZ bell onto the trans.

I have used a MA70 auto trans and torque converter behind the 1uz in my cressida wagon, just swaped a UZ bell onto the trans.

I'll have to recheck mine then. I'm sure the supra convertor didn't want to bolt to the UZ flex plate. Maybe I didn't look hard enough...