3uz and 1uz manifold differences?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

chip

Hi, at first glance the 1uz and 3uz look pretty similar to me from pics ive seen.

Ive seen lots of cheap aftermarket stainless manifolds for the 3uz, but none for the 1uz, whats the difference between them?

Im assuming port spacing is the same, so can I just chop the flange off and weld on one to suit a 1uz instead?
Other end im planning on just making an adaptor to go to t3 flanges.

What other header options are there for a turbo instalation without spending a fortune?

Regards

Chip

1uz has some differences.... first the 1uz has a cold start injector routed into the lower plenum and all he EGR ports are mounted on the upper plenum... I hav been very interested in a better mani for 1uz and the only answer I could find is JustinGT8's short runner manifold that mates with the upper mani for a huge airfow improvement. I am trying to get a hold of an arc welder so I can start mine. He runs 14psi or so on stock innards and claimed a 75-100hp increase (engine hp) in a twin turbo setup. the lower plenum on 1uz has long narrow runners and w/ short runner the overall length is cut in half and the air gains a lot more velocity meaning more hp. Let me know though if the 3uz/2uz can be somehow modded/swapped I have always been keen to that type of upgrade. I dont have EGR but my cold start injector will be needed this winter as I just moved to an occasionally sub-zero climate.

Im working on a new front feed single plenum intake for my car, but being short on time, finds and im lazy it will be a wile before its done.

Hi, at first glance the 1uz and 3uz look pretty similar to me from pics ive seen.

Ive seen lots of cheap aftermarket stainless manifolds for the 3uz, but none for the 1uz, whats the difference between them?

Im assuming port spacing is the same, so can I just chop the flange off and weld on one to suit a 1uz instead?
Other end im planning on just making an adaptor to go to t3 flanges.

What other header options are there for a turbo instalation without spending a fortune?

Regards

Chip

Chip, they are the interchangable with the exception of whether or not they wil clear in the chassis. Physically, the 3uz manifold will bolt to a 1uz, but whether or not it will clear the chassis that you have is a different story.

Be very werry of what you look at out there for turbo manifolds that are stainless as a lot are SS304 and will crack in pretty short order.

SS304 is fine for NA headers but will not hold up to the heat envolved with in a turbo manifold. Heavy wall pipe in SS304 does tend to hold up of such as schedule 10 pipe, but regular tubing wont last.

Hi, thanks for the replies guys.

Sorry about the confusion, Im english and we call the exhaust side manifolds too, I forgot to most of you guys they are known as headers!

Clearance is not an issue to me at all, as im putting the engine in a car that normally has a transverse layout and so ive got to chop hell out of it to turn the engine round anyway, so can easily make plenty of room for the tundra headers when I do that.

I'll get a set of cheapy 304 ones initially just to get me up and running as im going to be building up a second engine to turbo properly, and i'll get some decent ones for that.