Difference between 1uzfe & 2uzfe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Unique

Hi guys, its been a while since my last post but my 36 Ford Hot Rod Chassis is almost done. However one problem of many is that the Crown Throttle body sits to close to the bonnet side panel to allow me to get a air tube on to it. I was surfing the other day and came up with a drawing of a 2uzfe intake manifold with a front throttle body the drawing was EM-31 and it looks like a page out of a manual as it has the header as follows {Engine Mechanical 2uz-fe - Cylinder head} and I found it here somewhere.
My Question is are these available and will they fit the earlier motor? Your help will be appreciated. Unique

Unique,

Have alook around the Site.

The photos of "Fatty's Car" show a front mounted t/b.

Peewee has photos of an additional t/b on the opposite side to standard.

There are also photos of a reversed plenum with the t/b to put the t/b on the other side.

Lastly IMAMMADMANRU has a rear mount t/b

All you really need to do is work out if you want the t/b at the front or rear and start chopping up your plenum. A bit of tig welding and re-routing of hoses etc and you will be away.

t/b placement doesn't seem to affect airflow noticably.

Yep, exactly what Rod said, just cut the plenum up and weld the TB on where you want it.

Alternatively, I'm guessing you have the traction control TB?
You can cut all the traction control stuff off, and shorten the length the TB by at least 2 inches.
You will have to work out a new way of holding the throttle cable, but that shouldnt be a difficult challanged.

http://oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/eng_conv_2/twin_throttle_3.jpg

The one on the right I have cut all the crap off, just leaving one butterfly there.