difference between argo and L-tuned rods

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
why does it feel that threads such as this are always just a search for justification in being a cheap ass

maybe im a pessimist?

argo are well more expensive than that listed price too. you may be able to secure an order at that rate, but dont be suprised if you find they refuse to sell you a set for some reason.

argo price before crazy price war was around 2400

The original price for Argo's before our group buy was $2,850.00 Aussie per set.

The occassionally have them on sale around $1400.00

Hey james, both rod brands are more than adequate for human use.

Argo rates their rods at 200hp per cylinder at 9000rpm.
The Lextreme rods are 1000hp or 125hp per cylinder with ARP L19 bolts.

Pick a reasonable goal, if its going to be 1000+hp id suggest the argo, otherwise you canot go wrong with the Lextreme H-Beam, also remember Argo is Australian, so you'll find with the exchange rate your dollar will go further now.

Research I beam vs H beam if you want to go a bit further, there are some really good white papers somewhere but i cant find them for the life of me.

thanks for the info. im pretty sure my fathers goal isnt 1000+hp. he would just rather have aftermarket rods if they dont cost a arm and a leg. he likes to go a bit overboard with things lol

I've trawled the net looking at all the rod specs I can find and I've never found a rod from another vehicle that is a direct fit into a UZ.

Other will fit with machining but I question if the effort and expense is worth it.

your other choice in rods could be Pauter. They have rods built for the 1uz. Excellent stuff. You can definitely get these relatively quickly as they are manufactured in the US.