Diesel 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Diesels need around 22:1 compresion ratio and direct injection to run.

I wouldn't even contemplate the engineering and cost involved to try it.

I seriously doubt it could be done.

Assuming it could be done I would think Toyota would have had a 4litre diesel V8. It would have been handy for them.

Im sure if we weld the head to the block with head studs on top of that for good measure? :) no doubt engineering the tight clearances fo the CR will be a fun one. I wonder if the space would be there?

Incorrect, the 4.5L (1FZ-FE)is an Inline-6 configuration. Iron block, aluminum head and it never came with a turbo. The 2010 tundra/Landcruiser's new Diesel is a 4.5L and is a V config, with twin turbos too, was that what you were talking about? I suppose if a 4.7 2uzfe was used instead it would mimic the 1fz-fe pretty close. We would need a lot of engineering to fit 30:1+ CR inside, and I am guessing to say the valves will limit the amount of space we can eliminate with the piston dome? I'v tore apart a diesel or 2 and can say that there isn't much room for anything at TDC, although the short valve lift/height on the early UZ only helps. Also the Iron will deal with the higher heat much betetr than the aluminum block. A frankenstein swap with 1uz heads, 2uz block could be a viable solution if any bored engineers have the balls to try it ;)

interesting Idea IMO

Incorrect, the 4.5L (1FZ-FE)is an Inline-6 configuration. Iron block, aluminum head and it never came with a turbo. The 2010 tundra/Landcruiser's new Diesel is a 4.5L and is a V config, with twin turbos too, was that what you were talking about?

dont know my toyota models but toyota do

http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70-series?DCSext.LPLink=LC70|Model

and there is 2 of them at work and they are definetly v8s

• 4.5 litre V8 turbo diesel engine
  • Variable vane turbocharger with intercooler
  • DOHC (Direct Over Head Camshafts) with 32 valves with common-rail direct injection
  • 151kW power – Over 20% better than the previous Turbo Diesel
  • Fuel economy (L/100Km)* – 11.9L Troop Carrier & Wagon, Cab Chassis 11.5L
  • Class-leading 430Nm of torque
  • Meets strict Euro IV emission standards
  • 5 speed manual transmission with High/Low range
  • Over 1500km range for vehicles fitted with 180L tanks (Cab Chassis and Troop Carrier)

The V8 diesel has been out for a few years in Aus spf, guess we win for a change....

I still can't see the combustion pressures of a diesel lasting in a typical petrol alloy block. It will blow the sides out of it.

I'm with Nemises on this.

The iron sleeves were made for much lower compression ratios than a diesel runs.

If you have a lazy $100,000 perhaps, just perhaps, you could make it happen.

Subaru's new new boxer diesel is an alloy block..
I cannot see too much of an issue the manufaterer making diesel's in these style of blocks ??..
Yes some re-engineering needs to be done.. But in the past diesel's where regarded as heavy duty motors..

could use a diesel block. I think it could handle it, as for the engineering required, don't bother a 4.5L twin turbo toyota Diesel can be had, check out VDJ200 series, for the twin turbo and single turbo is on VDJ70series.

Interesting we all speak of 22:1 compression ratio but if you'r running 9:1 (like me) and then run 22psi boost (like me) the actual compression ratio is over 22:1 when on boost.

On that basis the block/rotating assembly can sustain the compression.

Interesting we all speak of 22:1 compression ratio but if you'r running 9:1 (like me) and then run 22psi boost (like me) the actual compression ratio is over 22:1 when on boost.

On that basis the block/rotating assembly can sustain the compression.

I was thinking that exact same thing, then its a simple matter of the right heads/cams/valves/fuel inlet and tuning, which would be acheivable, but cost prohibitive. VD series for the win.

Diesels need around 22:1 compresion ratio and direct injection to run.

I wouldn't even contemplate the engineering and cost involved to try it.

I seriously doubt it could be done.

Assuming it could be done I would think Toyota would have had a 4litre diesel V8. It would have been handy for them.

Not true, there are diesel engines that are running under 14:1 to control NOx.
http://www.popsci.com/cars/article/2013-02/how-mazda-reinvented-diesel-engine
Just one example.

whatever

Toyota has diesel V8s, been around for close to 10 years now.
4500 cc turbo charged, comes with 1 or 2 turbos.
Great stuff. roughly 260 hp roughly 750 Nm.

As far as I know they can be found in large Landcruiseres, Lexus 570 and some pickup models.

These mills may be found almost all over the world.
But not in the 2nd largest Toyota producing country, Thailand. Pisses me off, 'cause
I want a 1VD and I stay in Thailand.