damn scammers...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tacoma_Kyle

So the sypical scammer ****. The dumbest part is this was a response to a wanted ad for a supra axle from me... I just felt like going on with it from the get-go...dont really know why lol.

First message:
AM INTERESTED IN YOUR ITEM ADVERT FOR SELL ON CRAIGSLIST‏
Sent: Fri 1/25/08 1:31 AM
To:
YOUR ITEM QUITE INTEREST ME AND I HOPE IT IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR SALE ..I RESIDE IN USA NEW YORK TO BE PRECISE .I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE FINAL ASKING PRICE AND THE CONDITION OF THE ITEM WITH SOME PICS BUT IT WOULD BE PICKED UP BY MY HUBBY'S CLOSEST CARRIER IN THE STATE .SO IF YOU ARE WILLING TO SELL SEND ME YOUR FULL CONTACT NAME AND ADDRESS TO POST PAYMENT TO YOU IN FORM OF LEGIT CASHIER CHECK.I NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU A.S.A.P TO PROCEED ON THE TRANSACTION

FRANK ONEIL
420 FIFTH AVENUE
NEW YORK,NEW YORK.10018

My Response #1:
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: AM INTERESTED IN YOUR ITEM ADVERT FOR SELL ON CRAIGSLIST
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 07:24:56 -0800

I am a little far but is 1200 fair after shipping? The ring was quite a bit more expensive than that. Jewlry nowdays...

Kyle N****
1234 G*****d Drive
K****h, **

His response (#2):
URGENT REPLY‏
Sent: Fri 1/25/08 10:51 AM
To: Kyle ***** (******@msn.com)
Thanks for your response,i have been looking for something like this for close to some weeks now. The item would definitely be picked up by my hubby's closest carrier whose location presently is in USA.After you get payment in form of a certified cashier check he would come immediately to pick it up from your residence.apparently i can trust you on this due to the fact that you wanna sell and i am eager to buy .My hurbby's carrier complained of inadequacy of funds to execute my transaction effectively so i would but imply that my payment issuing client would include some extra funds on your initial asking price so that you can thereafter send the excess to him in USA and pick up can be done at a more quicker rate .I myself would be busy for the rest of the month cos i am a phone consultant in my company so i dont receive calls but i would reach you via e-mail most times .I expect you to contact me A.S.A.P concerning posting of your payment ok.

My response (#2):
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: URGENT REPLY
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:28:30 -0800

Whoops sent you a blank message.

Yeah it is all fine, just send me the check, I gave you my adress prior:

Kyle *****
***** G****d
K***** , **

Let me know...

His response (#3):
PAYMENT ON THE WAY----‏
Sent: Sat 1/26/08 7:31 AM
To: Kyle ***** (******@msn.com)
Hello Kyle,
How are you doing?i guess fine if so glory be to God.well am very happy to hear back from you once again---am happy to infor you that the payment as been sent to your address and i hope you of getting it very soon--all you have to do is to keep intouch till you get the payment so tat we can proceed on the transaction tlks.

My last one:
It was just sayin somethin like cool or somethin.

But yeah I mapquested it...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=420%205th%20Ave&city=New%20York&state=NY&zipcode=10018%2d2729&country=US&geodiff=1

Quickly got Google Earth...also Mapquested and Google Mapped it. Same location.
dipshit.jpg

I dont know which building it is...

Tacoma_Kyle, I assume that street address in shown in your message is fake? If that's your real addy, you might want to edit the message or ask one of the mods to do it.

Not a good idea to expose your street address on a public forum.....

BTW, good luck with the sale of your ring, er axle ;-)

OK Kyle, I removed your personal details and email address, but left those of your buddy. With a little luck who knows, maybe he'll get a ton of SPAM in his account.

We always seem to have a few automated spyders crawling this forum trolling for personal information, so I don't like to write people's full names, or show their email addresses or other personal details.

That is a typical scam...The dreaded fake certified check.. The scammer hopes you will give up the ring before you find out the check is bad...That is very common scam... I've gotten bad postal checks too in years past...

These people, and there are so many of them should be taken out in the back yard and shot...True scum... I once got scammed on Ebay years ago for $3000... I was going to buy a bulk deal on HP Laptops, this guy was so good that I was getting fake Ebay emails, to me they looked so legit, and I fell for it... Setup a fake Ebay Escrow account and fake confirmation Paypal account info... This guy was the best I have ever seen... Never again...

The most common scam is the out of the country buyer that says I'll send you a check COD and pick up the item for sale at same time...Only to later find out the check is bad by the seller, then the buyer is a ghost, never to be found again....

Try selling cars, I got so many of those....

I usually make it a point to buy things thru paypal now...Paypal really watches out for you when purchasing crap on Egay especially.... You can start claims that protect your purchases, and everytime I started a claim I have always got my money back..I have done atleast half a dozen claims over the years when I either got damaged goods or no goods at all....My claims have always been very legit though....

That is a typical scam...The dreaded fake certified check.. The scammer hopes you will give up the ring before you find out the check is bad...That is very common scam... I've gotten bad postal checks too in years past...

These people, and there are so many of them should be taken out in the back yard and shot...True scum... I once got scammed on Ebay years ago for $3000... I was going to buy a bulk deal on HP Laptops, this guy was so good that I was getting fake Ebay emails, to me they looked so legit, and I fell for it... Setup a fake Ebay Escrow account and fake confirmation Paypal account info... This guy was the best I have ever seen... Never again...

The most common scam is the out of the country buyer that says I'll send you a check COD and pick up the item for sale at same time...Only to later find out the check is bad by the seller, then the buyer is a ghost, never to be found again....

Try selling cars, I got so many of those....

Reminded me of a good ebay revenge story...good read but kinda long...
http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

i live up in rochester, lets go find this bastard out!!!!:rocketwhore:

So I got a update.

Received the check. He sent it via UPS -urgent-. Heh I hope that means he spend like 20 bucks on it. DUmbass even copied over the supposed 'sign line.'

frontexported.jpg
backexported.jpg

So what should I send back that will fit in a small rig-sized box. Meaning less than 1' cubed for shipping? I still like she skunk scent idea.

Do you guys have to pay taxes to pick up items? A good trick with international scammers is to send a turd over and value it at x number of thousands so they have to pay tax of several hundred to get the turd...

Haha that is good. I will keep that in mind.

But yeah I need to get a address from him thats why I need to think of somethin to BS him about to aviod the whole Western Union ****...getting me a address.

Its about as fake as it is getting. It was the same old bullshit game on 'oh whoops my accountant wrote a check for like $128,723,487,283. Can you please send the extra $128,723,486,083 back?'

I dont think WA-MU will even give cash on a personal check up front like that.

Don't laugh there are a few suckers out there.

We had a stolen vehicle claim lodged with my old employer (I retired from there yesterday) last week for a stolen Audi TT worth around $40,000.00.

He was paid $42,000.00 with a Bank cheque as the purchaser "thought" that is what it would cost that but he actually got it $2,000.00 cheaper.

The client gave him the car in exchange for the cheque PLUS $2,000.00 in cash.

So he's lost his car and is out of pocket $2,000.00.

Love it.

Funny part is it isn't a claim under any motor insurance policy issued in Australia so he's actaully out of pocket $42,000.00

I was reading Craigslist and noticed an incredible deal on a nice low mileage GS400 for $4500. As we all know 1998-2000 GS400 runs around $11-13k. So I aim him. Its a typical story. The car is in Florida and can ship right away with a deposite of half of the amount to an agent.

Anyway, I told him I have friends in Florida and can pick up the car today with cash. He shut up and log off. What a scammer. By the way. Did I ever mention JVG Motorsports also a scammer too?

Just hope Speed clinic comes good...
My son sent $1200 for e boost, Tial bov and w/g...
If they don't deliver I'll be on every car forum I can find....

Yep, that check will bounce faster then a rubber ball.... Typically these scammers often mail the bad check over and above the agreed selling price and then try and request money back. They hardly ever try and negotiate down the selling either which should draw up a red flag.... I can see them coming from a mile away these days... Craigs list has them, recycler.com has them, Ebay once in a while, etc.. These scammers are every where so be careful..

I must have experienced this over a dozen times in my life time...I've gotten fake Cashier checks, US Postal checks, Personal checks, Money orders, etc.. They were looked very legit but were all bad. I turned them over to the authorities every time but nothing ever happens.... The US postal fake checks was a severe federal crime but speaking with the Legal authorities they never catch these guys... Alot of these scammers come from Florida too from what they told me. I think Florida is where the biggest counterfitting ring is... They have been trying to catch these guys for years from when I last heard...