Damn I'm flooded in.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mycarhasposessedme

We've been having torential rain and strong winds here for a few days now.
Electricity has been off for 2 days and were flooded in.
I live on the lake front here on the central coast in Aus, but unfortunately the lake is now coming into my house.
I'm probably a bit luckier than most around here, as being A builder I have quite a large Generator and other resources.
Spent a few hours last night raising my project up as high as I possible off the garage floor and taking everything I could upstairs.

Thanks Lex, the waters are starting to subside here today as we haven't had any more rain.
However tonight, a major river inland from here is expected to break its levy banks and flood the Town of Maitland.
I own a couple of propertys in Maitland which are rented out.
Most of the town has been evacuated by Police and emergency services. We're just preying for a bit of luck in Maitland for all of the areas residents and hope the levy holds up.
Cheers

M8, that flooding looks hauntingly familiar.....like Katrina in New Orleans, or the tsunami that hit last year?

Hope you have better luck with your levee holding than New Orleans did.

werd GL man & stay safe. that kind of **** breeds filth & disease.

well... atleast you dno't ahve the gators making a home in you house lol

The worst seems to be over.

9 dead, the town of Maitland didn't flood as the levies held.

We have a holiday home on Lake Macquarie which is the next big body of water north of Mycarpossessed me and againd being absolute waterfront there's a risk it will have flooded.

I have a large catamaran sitting in the front yard and i wouldn't be surprised if its floated away. Never thought of having to moor if wilst on land!

Oh well at least it's insured.

Yahoo, all apears to be good.
The Levees held and the water remaines in the river.
A special thanks to the Emergency Services Workers, Volunteers, and The Australian Armed Forces, who lastnight were sandbagging the levees in extremely dangerous conditions to try and save the town.
Cheers

From 7,000+ members here at Lextreme glad you and your family are ok. Thanks to the quick respond from the Australia Government Agencies.

i was watching that on ABC news - man that river was >< this close to bursting.

i live close to a lake here in perth and we'be seen that flood over a gazillion times in winter (but not for the last 7!!!) , but it always runs down the road and into someone else's front yard!

good to see you can hold a sense of humour thru it all. i guess there's nothing you could do anyways so you might as well have a laugh!

glad to see all is now looking promising.

how's that coal ship going? is it still beached?

Wow that's some real flooding! I hope the water doesn't damage things too much on our end. Being a builder helps keep the attitude and moral much higher than other people because you can fend for yourself whereas most other people are helpless =] The water pulls back and your the most popular guy with your profession, I would be happy too!

hey mchpm - glad things worked out mate! betcha you were crapping yourself for a while there!

Unfortunately for me a downed bunch of branches from a palm tree directed water straight into my garage, down the stairs to my laundry, and down another couple of stairs into my lounge room.

roughly 2 inches of water on the loungeroom floor - luckily its tiled, has all brick walls and the lounges have 3 inch stainless legs! took about an hour to clean up and that was it!

Uncles place at Foresters beach was not so lucky though - tree through the roof went throgh the bathroom then crashed partwy through into the garage below. ouch...

Certenly was a wild one.
I came through it all pretty much unscathed in the end thankfully, but it really was touch and go there for a while.
Biggest worry was my garage downstairs, its the home to my project and all of my tools, automotive and building.
I love my tools and have quite a lot of gear down there.
I put everything that I could up on benches, jacked the project up as high as possible and sat tight.
All Good
Cheers.

My boat survived pretty well unscathed.

The jetty is now just a heap of debris scattered along the lakefront.

Oh well it was pretty tired anyway.

I wonder if my Insurance will pay for any of the jetty?

My boat survived pretty well unscathed.

The jetty is now just a heap of debris scattered along the lakefront.

Oh well it was pretty tired anyway.

I wonder if my Insurance will pay for any of the jetty?

how good were the waves on lake maq to do in your jetty?