Cutting and raising the oil sump for a S13 application? What to do?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sniper

Super Moderator
As some have seen, the 1UZ front sup sits very low when swapped into a S13. Has anyone modified their sump to sit higher? Dry sump would be nice, but that's a bit unrealistic at this stage for me...

i am nearly at the end of my 1uz to ga70 supra build, the 1uz was a front sump and it sat right on the x member so i tryed to mod original sump but i found out the hard way that when cast aluminum is welded it becomes brittle and then when i got that sorted it was sitting to low anyway so i made a complete new one out of 4mm aluminum it fits much better and looks good and it was easyer than modifying the old one any way.

In the two s14's we have running, this hasn't been a problem. On one, the oil pan was cut back to make room for the stock sway bar. With the addition of an oil cooler and filter relocation kit, the whole system holds 5 quarts. You could make a skid plate out of some heavier steel if you feel like it will get hit. The oil pan ends up between the front wheels which keeps it protected going over speed bumps and the like.

Keep it posted if you come up with a solution. I have looked into it a little, but the price tag goes up very quickly. lol

Watty