Cutting OE springs '97 LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LEXUSA

I've got new Bilstein shocks and H&R springs, it's too firm, I wanna try the OE spring rate on the Bilsteins but want to keep the 1" lower ride height the H&R provide too. I can move the perch clip down on the shocks, they are all on the upper groove right now.

How do the OE springs do with one coil cut off?

Am I better off just getting coil over sleeves for the Bilsteins?

OEM cut springs and Bilsteins will not ride well at all. The car will bounce like a slammed civic. If your shooting for a 1" drop and don't want that stiff ride, consider getting roll center adjusters (RCA's) which will lower the car while preserving ride quality and more importantly, stock geometry. If your really hoping to preserve some comfort with a 1" drop I would recommend a 1" RCA front and rear with some upgraded sway bars. Car will corner much flatter.

I'll have to Google Roll Center Adjusters. Gotta link?

I got some coilover sleeves and intend to try the OE springs on the Bilsteins with new MCU bumpstops. The Bilsteins were made for the OE spring rate, allegedly. I wanted to firm up the ride just a bit but not as much as this combo provides. I'll have to square up the lower small diameter end of the springs a little since the sleeve perch is flat.

What issues would I have with cut springs? Too soft for the amount of drop?

The right length and density of bumpstops on a Miata is critical since it has so little travel to begin with, it will be on the bumpstops when cornering hard and going over larger bumps in the road. I don't think this will be the case with an LS but lowering it will make the bumpstops more of an issue.

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?route=product/product&path=44&product_id=202 These will lower he front either 17mm or 34mm if stacked. I didn't really search for a rear RCA but im pretty sure they can be found. Basically all the RCA does is interpose between the lower control arm and the balljoint to drop the coilover mounting point which lowers the car w/o affecting the geometry. I t may be hard to find a matching RCA front and rear to offer a level drop. I know the 2nd gen GS's can be dropped up about 1.5" on RCA's alone.