crown auto wont shift

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

litldv8

hi all
i have fitted a crown 1uz motor and box into a 1995 rn85.
paid a sparkie to wire it up.
unfortunatly he is hours away.
the drama is that it will in drive it will take off in second, manually selecting first will engage first but that is it.
crown engine ecu and trans ecu.
gearbox is full of oil.
check engine light doesnt flash (havent checked for codes yet but i will tomorrow) but comes on with the ign and goes out when started.
engine runs very well.
doesnt make any difference whether the big plug on the right front of the box is connected (neutral start switch?) or not but starter doesnt work with it disconnected. start it then disconnect it.
any ideas?
neil

you should have brought it down here
if your sparkie is only afew hours away whats afew more hours to come to sydney
hehehehehe

anyway its most probably a speed signal problem
none of the speed sensors on the gbox have the correct signal to go directly to the ecus
u need to convert one of the signals with a converter box then to the auto ecu
or u can fit a different speedo sensor that is correct one for the auto and engine ecu

either pay someone else to fix it or take it back to the orig idiot who wired it
so many fuking guys who do work like this do shit jobs and get away with it

the auto ecu will not bring up the enigne check light
the auto ecu uses the over drive light to show codes

there should be about 10 or 12 wires going from engine to auto ecu
then the rest of the auto wires go to the auto and to powers and earths

if you want to pay me i can help over the phone but u need to know what your doing

or if u wait till xmas time ill be in qld and can pay me to fix it properly them

but ill warn you that fixing someone fuk up costs nearly same amount as wiring it from scratch as ive had enough of dodgey sparkies doing half the job

Last edited:
i doubt its faulty sensor
its more he has not wired in the speed sensor properly
like i said u cannot wire in the speed sensors directly on the 2 ecu crowns

I'm guessing your speed signal originally went from the gearbox ect to the ABS unit and then on to the ecu. The abs unit changes the signal and if your not using the original abs unit it won't work correctly.

Standard loom is easy, after removing the abs unit just wire the speed signal directly to the ecu and add in a signal converter so the ecu can read the incoming speed signal.

But if someone has rewired it and it wasn't you, good luck.