Crown auto - rear seal gone or over fill

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ALI1UZLUX

Crown auto - rear seal gone or over fill?

I just read this and have a couple a quick questions;
http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2757&highlight=rear+seal

If you over fill the auto does the box piss fluid out the breather all over the shop?
If so where is the breather located?

If it is the rear seal whats involved in replacement?
Is it just a straight seal swap or is there a metal bush also?
Do I have to remove the extension housing? by the looks of it I don't, but thought I'd ask.

AB.

If its a Crown auto with a slip yoke then its a $10 seal to swap over, takes however long it takes you to get under the car and remove the tailshaft. (ie, it takes about 2 mins to change the actual seal, but an hour to get there).

I'm not sure where it would leak when its overfilled, but definitely not through the rear seal.

When I overfilled mine it leaked out of the join in the dipstick tube, but that was only during filling. Once the car was started the fluid level dropped.

Won't take an hour to get there, its in a 2WD hilux.

Resent work that has been done is engine swap and a new upper ball joints (no real reason for changing ball joints, just did it as they had never been done)

I've witnessed GM boxes spill out everywhere through the breather if there overfilled, just figured these might be similar.

Fluid was everywhere! I wiped it down as clean as I could, checked level at operating temp idle and limped it home 30km. I can't see anymore fluid other than a couple of drops from what has already been lost. The level reads full now and seems to be holding?

I've have however noticed a vibration, doesn't do it in neutral at revs, but under load from take off through gears and off throttle whilst moving in gear is noticeable. Not sure what it is. Tail shaft lenghtened, balanced, Uni's and centre bearing are only month or two old, so can't be that...Mungrel thing, wasn't doing this before engine swap.

Vibration seems to have stopped? And holding full with no more fluid coming out? Must have been from over filling the box?