Crown Auto help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ockleypussy

Hi everyone

This is my 1st post so i hope i dont stuff it up lol
Everyone here is very helping and i must say that it is a great website.

I have a 1990 Crown 1UZFE and the Auto that comes with it in a 78 HZ Ute which is a bit differet i think. It is producing 185rwhp stock standard with a twin 3in exhust system.

However my question is, im a bit worried about the auto as is the mornings when it is cold it takes along time to engage and unless you keep the revs up to it it will drop out or gear. Also if you take off with the overdrive engaged it gets confused between 2nd and 3rd and takes 15sec to sort its self out. But if you leave the overdrive of until it reaches 3rd its fine.

Do you think the auto is on the way out or just needs a service or is this normal?

Thank you

Crown boxes use Type II, Rod.
Which has been replaced with Type IV.

All Toyota trannies will run better on Type IV (until you start using shift kits and the like)

could also be a speed sensor problem

all the ones i have to diagnose with changing problems its usually this

also the auto ecu talks to the engine ecu

so if this isnt right the whole thing wont work

i might be in qld for work around easter time

i can look at it

i Have discovered half the problem which seems to be that it is leaking fluid but havnt found from where yet. However this doesnt slove why it gets confused with the overdrive button on as it did this while the fluid was full.

By the way thanks sideshow for the offer and i may have to take you up on the offer as im still learning about them. Do you have an email?

Where bouts you at QCA?
And what do you mean Peewee that im still alive.

By the way can any one tell me the correct way to check the trans fluid levels? Do you check it in park? Hot or cold ect?

thanks