Compatible fuel pump

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Damo

Since my transplantee (VK Calais) is currently carby, I will am planning on throwing in a fuel tank, lines, and pump from a VL to suit the new V8.

It has been suggested to me that the EFI six fuel pump (for the RB30) from the VL will not be able to keep up with the demand from the 1UZ. Anyones thoughts on this? Or will I need to go for something like a turbo six fuel pump?

Cheers

Damo

Why not use an EFI pump off a Walkinshaw.

Even better checck the part numbers between the 6 cylinder and Walkinshaw. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same.

I have been running my IUZ with a fuel pump out of a non turbo VL Commodore. It fed enough to run it with no problem. Since my blown motor will require better pressure I have installed a Bosch Motor sport pump that will support 600hp.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am running a VT SS pump i picked up second hand for $100 i have had it checked and it gave no problem on the dyno flowed fine.
I want a quiet lift pump though i have a carter gold and it is loud ( not as loud s a holley blue but close) any one know of nice quiet lifts

They are quieter than a holley but still not that quiet.
a Mallory is what you want a mate is running a mallory 120 (i think) but they arn't cheap although they do have built in regulators

VK EFI 6cyl, VL N/A, VL turbo, Walkinshaw, VN V8 are all the same pump, Bosch 0 580 464 008 now superceded by 0 580 464 070. The conectors on the pumps are different - 008 has spade terminals and the 070 has ring terminals. U get the new conectors with the pump though. Also the '070 is about 10mm longer.

the vl and vn 6 pumps will work fine. I have a 22r-e pump from a corona running my 1uz and its perfectly fine. The reason its the is cause i originally injected the 22r in my hilux using a 22r corona as the donor vehicle. It worked fine with that pump after doing the 1uz swap

Carter make a small carby fuel pump that is real quiet and works well as a lift pump. It was only about $100 new. It looks just like a smaller version of a VL in-line pump. Also because of its size it is easy to fit in small spaces.

I had a Goss branded vl turbo copy in a hz 1 tonner i had with a 195kw clubby motor in it.When i had it tuned the tuner said that it was just starting to run outta puff at the top end.It had no adjustable reg on it so i dont know for sure if it was just a crap pump or that was as good as it gets .

We're just running VL pump and a carter lift pump to the swirl pot.

Plenty of others are running same with no dramas on everything from SR20DET to 1UZ.

If I could do it all again though, I'd go for the bosch motorsport pump - same size as VL, but with screw in connections rather than hose clamps.

Iv'e got the VL pump hooked up to my early 1UZ and I get too much pressure,
40psi at Idle and 50psi at full rpm.
(My 1UZ should have 35psi at Idle to 45psi at rpm)

And it only cost me $50