cold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

trxsta

When my LS 400 is cold first of all it cranks really slow kinda like the battery is dead but it still starts after about 3 sec. and also my power steering or at least I think it's my power steering is super stiff unless you turn it past a certain point then it feels normal then when you go back to center it gets stiff again but this only lasts till the car is warm. If anyone could help that would be good I guess the slow cranking could just be the battery but it only started doing these things when the temperature started to get a little lower so I dunno help would be awesome.

When you say the temp started getting lower do you mean like 5degrees C?

If the temp is that low I'd check what oil you have in it. At thse temps you need 10w or 5w rating to get it to crank easily.

Could be your starter is a little tired.

Lead acid batteries don't work well when cold so it could just be the cold knocking an aging battery around.

The power steering is interesting. Did it start giving trouble the same time, before or after, as the cranking as they may not be related.

I tend to also suspect the power steering pump may be leaking onto/into the alternator and causing battery charging problems. This would tie the two problems together. The cold weather would have increased the internal pump pressure (higher viscoscity fluid due to the cold) and forced the oil past the front seal.

right now it's only like in between -1 and like 5 in the morning so maybe it's time for an oil change and check the power steering out and stuff. umm the cranking thing only started happening like a week or two ago when the temperature really dropped and the power steering has been doin it for about a month or so but I'll check it all out thanks for the input.

Attachments

• TKO-600_GM_small.jpg
    TKO-600_GM_small.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 2
  • gm_bellhousing_int.jpg
    gm_bellhousing_int.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1
  • gm_bellhousing_ext.jpg
    gm_bellhousing_ext.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1
  • T56-3.jpg
    T56-3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 5
  • T56-Tran-3.jpg
    T56-Tran-3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2
  • T56-4.jpg
    T56-4.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 3
My guess on the hard cranking is just a tired battery. I would guess the power steering issue is unrelated. Try pulling the battery and having your local parts store check it. Good luck.