code 31...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

beario

hi all,while i was out driving today,the car started missing...at junctions or lights was on the verge of stalling when in gear...when you puh the pedal it misses real bad...got ot home did a check and im getting code 31... afm???or something else???

just started it again from cold and now have code 31 and 24...anyone help??? where is the air intake sensor located and is this a common fault...

31 is the air flow meter and the air temp sensor is located in the airflow meter. Air flows are dying alot. I replace around 1 a month at the moment. Also check the wiring isnt damaged. Cheers

24 is air temp
there is no easy way to test air flow meter except try it on another car
toyota electrical stuff usually has a life span of 15 or 20 years
this is why they r starting to fail
same goes with some of their ecus with capacitors bursting their bottoms and leaking acid on the boards
ive repaired some but only 50 50 chance they work good after that
and the parts are getting harder to find these days

borrowed the afm of a mates soarer v8...and its the same...start it up and starts to miss like a missing spark...pulled the plug and they are all fine bit sooty but they were new...cleaned and put back in...tried again and the same...so if i have changed the afm and the code 23 is in the afm what the heck do i do now...cant find any split pipes etc...its un drivable as its missing so bad...

sorry but does anyone know how to fix code 24...as it runs real bad...just pulled the rotor caps of to to clean...still run like a dog...

Well there's 3 different Air flow meters for the Soarer so have you got the right one? Air temp sensor is part of it

fuji with the same no s on the top..so yes i reckon its the same...im convinced its something else maybe coil pack or igniter...as it runs lumpy now with the afm plugged in or out makes hardly any difference...