LS430 3UZFE struggling with code P1354

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tea

Error Code P1354 is defined as Variable Valve Timing System Malfunction Bank 2

I have replaced the bank 2 VVT Solenoid twice now, yet the code continues to come back. I replaced the wiring and the harness connector is a tight fit. I'm at a loss, two separate mechanics tell me the solution is another solenoid. Searching throughout forums all I can find for P1354 is to replace the solenoid. But it's been replaced twice so far.

any ideas for what else to look at? This is the only code on the engine, but it also turns on the VSC OFF light.

I can clear the code and run the car for 50+ miles without issue only to have it come on again

other possible reasons for p1354: wiring, ecu, vvti system itself (not enough oil pressure to turn camshaft, etc)
are these things I can diagnose via OBDII charts? as far as I can tell the wiring to and from the bank 2 solenoid is fine, as is the solenoid itself. How would I verify more in terms of ecu or the vvti/camshafts? Or is there something I should be looking out for physically in the engine bay to verify the oil pressure is right?

Have little experience diagnosing this type of problem

Hello All , When I had P1350 on my GS430. I went to local wrecking yard got VVTI solenoid $10
put 12v from battery to test and it moved like it should. But so did my original one. Swapped them just to see
if made any difference. Started it up drove all day no check engine, next morning soon as she warmed up
the CEL came back on, same code. Got home pulled it out and shot some throttle body cleaner down the holes
where oil come out of the head into the VVTI and where it drains back, thinking the screen may be dirty.
put the valve back in, its been 3months about 1800 miles and no CEL runs as good as it did before
. As always may not fix your issue,hope it helps

Hello All , When I had P1350 on my GS430. I went to local wrecking yard got VVTI solenoid $10
put 12v from battery to test and it moved like it should. But so did my original one. Swapped them just to see
if made any difference. Started it up drove all day no check engine, next morning soon as she warmed up
the CEL came back on, same code. Got home pulled it out and shot some throttle body cleaner down the holes
where oil come out of the head into the VVTI and where it drains back, thinking the screen may be dirty.
put the valve back in, its been 3months about 1800 miles and no CEL runs as good as it did before
. As always may not fix your issue,hope it helps
thank you, I cleaned my throttle body recently too. will use the cleaner around the solenoid as well

worth visiting this page first

diagnosis wise, would be nice to pop valve covers and see what is happening there
Usually, rh side is clean with light yellowish tarnish, and lh side is a bit darker
If both sides are dirty or have grease, gunk etc, it's a good sign that you may have problems in hydraulical part of vvti system

As for scan tool side of things, perform at least vvti active tests (see above article) before doing anything else

Most scan tools will not report target/actual vvti angles properly, that makes diagnosing this part tricky (you can not , for example, record 1 hour log and compare lh/rh actual angles to see if p1354 pops exactly when one side is off)