China Vs. USA

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Jake, I've spent a good portion of my life traveling the world thru my 20's and 30's, which include third world countries, etc.. You name it...I would say I am very well traveled.. Also, I am an American to the bone.. This has nothing to do with bashing other countries, other countrymen, stereotyping which you are doing, etc.. If anything Jake you are misinformed about Americans in general...Jake and others you have different types of Americans and American thinkers residing here in America... Just because you know an American at your work place doesn't mean you know Americans in a whole....Yes you have the redneck backwood Southerners with their Chevy's and Ford's flying their confederate flags, you also have the Business class driving their fancy cars in big cities that wear a suit and tye daily. You have Republican's, liberals, democrats, etc..Which all think and act different.. All do not think alike so don't stereotype Americans.. So for you to typically stereo type all Americans in a certain way is WAY OFF BASE....

Don't you have some rednecks in the back woods in Australia that are much different to the well placed citizens in let's say Sydney?.... Probably night and day when comparing...One's home brews and the other is purchasing beer at the local pub..One is intellegent and maybe the other is not... One hunts and cooks and one buys dinner at a nice restaurant... See my point... We are not all that different... Put those two together and even though they are both Aussie's they will not see eye to eye..

Olympics-

Is it proven China is cheating? I don't think so...Just because the Chinese gymnists look 12 years old doesn't necessarly mean that they are... I don't think we should say China is cheating until proven so...No?

For the record - I personally like to root for the underdog... I would love to see a no name country and non contender win a gold and shock the world...

We all have pride in our origin .. But we must be aware due to internet and cable etc.. Other people and nations are communicating much more..
What you say or print goes around the world these days...
To say some are cheating ?? Yes in time they may be cought..
BUT people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones either...

Sorry guys I didn't mean to cause a fight and I'm nor being anti yank, but you can't shy away from blatant cynical manipulation of results by your media.

Now I really appreciate Jake's post because it is an enlightened response that shows some maturity and is adult enough constructively criticise the US mentality in a matur e way. Thank you.

I do get frustrated when day after day many US citizens swallow the marketing line, the ideological line, the political line, the dollar line, land of the free??? My Arse!!!

Now Jibbbbby and other US contributors, I (and I think a few others who may feel the same as me) are not picking on you, more actually embarresed for you. Why do you keep swallowing the BS?

I'm not talking about cheating, just the misrepresentation of results. Officially the medals table is led by gold success not overalll medal numbers. When Jobbbby quoted the wrong way round I knew he hadn'd done it, all he had done is reflect what the US public had been told by the media. Funnily enough the first US newspaper websie i check (NY Times) and bingo - misrepresentation of results to reflect the USA as achieving more by changing the rankings. It's not about partriotism, it;s about truth.

Now I wonder how many US guys here have seen the successes of other counties (apart from World Record achievements perhaps)???? I bet US media hasn't dedicated more than 30 seconds of a sports bulletin to any other nations successes, or indeed failures.

Here the BBC and Eurosport have shown countless hours of all round coverage in real olympic spirit. For example we have had hours of really enthralling weightlifting on TV despite GB only having one woman qualify for the event.

The one thing I will say to my North Americanm friends is believe nothing and question everything!

Skid, what ever you say.. It sounds like you are caught in a web of conspiracy theories of sorts. Good luck with all that. No harm no foul.:tongue:

How about those Jamacian's!!!!!...

Smoke some ganja, show up at the Olympics and break all the speed records, women and men....Unbelieveable!!!!!... I'm impressed, I think I just might spark up a joint on principal.. :439: Yeah mon, Huurrraaahhh for Jamaica!!!!!

Hey all,

I have been in Beijing from the 29th of july, working in the Holland Heineken House, and I have seen quite a few games till now in real life, and everywhere a chinese athlete is doing sports, the whole stadium is filled upto it's neck with chinese spectators, the litteraly shout their own over the finnish line (very noisy folk them chinese)

so the awnser is deffo NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!! chinese will win most medals,

have been in close contact with the locals over here, and they all regard loosing a sports game, a sin. strange way of thinking sometimes.

BTW we had the canooing Bronze medalist Ausi Robin Bell on stage in the holland heineken house, and yesterday a load of USA cyclists came in aswell, very nice to have more nationalitys than just ours in here!

grtz Thomas

Read the thread a little more carfully after posting before, and I would like to say a thing or 2,
can everybody please stop judging eachother on the place they live? or country they come from? I kinda believe that that's not why many joined this wonderfull forum. whether you're a britt, dutchi, american ausi or ozzie... I realy don't care. Real assholes are to be found in every country, and i don' t regard any of you as such!

at least it's not the olympic way of thinking in the first place.

/worldpeace mode off

did a little calc of my own, medals won per head of population of the country that won them.....

china won 1 gold medal per 30.769.230 people of total population
USA won 1 gold medal per 13.881.818 people of total population

but the country I come from (the netherlands/holland)

Holland won 1 gold medal per 5.333.333 people of total population

and we have the best place to drink beer in at the olympics while being one of the smaller countries joining

sorry to say holland is in first place now! whahahahaha ou can calculate every outcome you want,

Grtz Thomas

Were just warming up Lex... It's not over til the fat lady sings....

China's on roids no dought....

What do you guys think of that trampaleen event? They get like forty feet of air and then start twisting and contorting, crazy.... Miss the Tramp-a-leen after a bad jump and you break a leg... (PS. I don't know how to spell trampeleen either, that's gotta be wrong)...

Metal totals to the minute...

Sponsored by your Lexus Dealers in the continued pursuit of perfection... Now visit your local Lexus Dealership and test drive one of our many over priced lemons today......

CHINA - 43,14,19 76
USA - 26,26,27 79
GBR - 16,9,8 33
AUS - 11,12,12 35
GER - 11,8,9 28

Never even heard of it..... Phuk-et.... Is that a joke or something?

Hey, if they are 12 years old then those were some great performances by some underage toddelers at the Olympics...:baby: :baby: :baby:

Womens USA softball has been so dominate during this Olympics that they are going to take this event out of the future Olympics...Also USA has beat teams so badly and convincingly recently they cut the games short... Now that is what I call complete and utter domination...

Frigg'n lightning BOLT for Jamacia in the 200m, Wow, another world record!!!... That boy is supercharged, turbo charged, and running on nitrous too... I wish my car was as fast as him...

I like the Aussie basketball team...A gritty bunch with Bogut, Newly, (Cal) Worthington and his dog spot, etc..even though they got spanked and beaten like a step child with a bad habbit last night against the almighty USA mens team... I still like their chances in the metal rounds to win silver or bronse.........

So, if the Chinese are proved to have mistated ages for gymnasts... should they loose the medals in question? If so the USA picks up several.

Quote from Sports Illustrated:
"Earlier this month, the AP found registration lists previously posted on the Web site of the General Administration of Sport of China that showed both He and Yang were too young to compete. He was born Jan. 1, 1994, according to the 2005, 2006 and 2007 registration lists. Yang was born Aug. 26, 1993, according to the 2004, 2005 and 2006 registration lists; in the 2007 registration list, however, her birthday has changed to Aug. 26, 1992."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ym.underage.chinese.ap/index.html?eref=sircrc

I am also wondering if there is some new undetected performance enhancing substance. The shoulders on some of those women sprinters this olympics looked alot like Marion Jones...

Chinese weightlifters?

Others?

I am guessing many of these athletes are going to be right at the top of the naturally occuring range for testosterone and growth hormone. You could argue that is "natural" and is "why" they are world class to begin with... or... the other way around for some???

In racing it is often said if you aren't cheating you aren't winning.

Is a bench shirt cheating for bench press? It is certainly allowed but definitely adds to a persons lifting ability.

I am also wondering if there is some new undetected performance enhancing substance. The shoulders on some of those women sprinters this olympics looked alot like Marion Jones...

Chinese weightlifters?

Others?

I am guessing many of these athletes are going to be right at the top of the naturally occuring range for testosterone and growth hormone. You could argue that is "natural" and is "why" they are world class to begin with... or... the other way around for some???

In racing it is often said if you aren't cheating you aren't winning.

Is a bench shirt cheating for bench press? It is certainly allowed but definitely adds to a persons lifting ability.
I wouldnt be surprise if they are using herbal enhanced performance drugs.