Made in China

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,
I was watching from a local automobile channel on cable TV. There will be few companies from China trying to import cars to the United States and the world. China had been steadily catching up with the rest of the world. Its good news for the Chinese, but people from the United States view products from China lack of qaulity and afraid of getting it. Like the cars from Korea, they are trying to make cars for the entery level.

Would you buy a car from China?

You got to be kidding.

I wouldn't buy a car from the States let alone China.

My wife and I drive Mercedes as a rule. I refuse to own/drive an ML (the 4x4 waggon) as it is built in the States. The build quality is not up to German standards. Mercedes have had more trouble with the ML range than the entire rest of their fleet.

American cars are great at what they are designed for but they are built to a price and the quality of fit and finish do leave a lot to be desired when compared to Japanese and European cars.

Not picking on Americans but that's the way we see it over here.

Zuffen said:
You got to be kidding.

I wouldn't buy a car from the States let alone China.

My wife and I drive Mercedes as a rule. I refuse to own/drive an ML (the 4x4 waggon) as it is built in the States. The build quality is not up to German standards. Mercedes have had more trouble with the ML range than the entire rest of their fleet.

American cars are great at what they are designed for but they are built to a price and the quality of fit and finish do leave a lot to be desired when compared to Japanese and European cars.

Not picking on Americans but that's the way we see it over here.

To say nothing of the Australian-produced products. (The expression "a chip off the old block" comes to mind...)

Never a truer word spoken.

I once owned a new Walkinshaw Commodore.

Spent 6 months of the 18 months I owned it in the dealership.

I vowed then I would never own another Australian built car. Guess what? Never have and never will.

Yeah, for some strange reason people think they are collectable. But keep in mind peolpe actually collect used cotton reals as well. There are some very odd people out there.

When you consider the Turbo 6 of the same year was faster. out accelerated and outbraked the fibreglass encased dunnydore I don't understand it.

No doubt it is one of the more outrageous looking cars from the 80's (from anywhere in the world) but it was still an illconcieved poorly assembled overpriced underperforming replacement for the HDT cars.

My old Brock VL was quicker than the Walkinshaw and only cost half as much!