who's made some real power?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1uzfe scott

Ive been trolling this forum for a while now. I can never find anybody doing a big setup on the 1uz. Im building a SC400 drag car. TH400, Sheet metal intake manifold, 76-80mm turbo?, TEC3 w/880cc injectors etc.. If somebody else out there has already done something really bad ass like this with the 1uz id like to see it, maybe swap a few ideas/ theries. Im just about to build the motor, Its the 92 1uz that came in the car. Im doing custom billet aluminum rods, custom wiesco pistons, stock crank, heads ported to the max w/ kelford cams springs and retainers.Im looking for 1000whp and 9.50 et's. Im pretty sure i can figure this **** out myself but id like to think sum baller out there as already 1 up'd me w/ a 88mm++ turbo and would like to tell us about it.
thanks
scott

No real power yet, but aiming for around 800. 1995 SC400 with 2005 Toyota Tundra block and 1998 SC400 heads along with TH400.

attachment.php

Thanks for the link to the blue soarer that was great. The motor in that was a 1uz block and heads. They said the block had been filled but it was definatley making way more than 1000 to run low 7's.

Weight to power must be considered..I would guess the iron block would have to make at least 200 h.p more?? There are plenty V8 Capri's running 9's with 500 h.p.. It's all about power to weight and hook up [traction].. The 60 Ft time is very important also...
Where does the 1UZ fail ?? Is it bore or the block ?? As I have a forged 1UZ. looks like I'll have to dismantle assembly and at least half fill with grout..
Most the specs I read on this product is for iron blocks..
Btw it's easy sitting behind a keyboard saying some doing slow times...
Try it !! It's not easy to have all the correct gear etc..
Transmission and suspension is just as if not more important than power goals..
For arguments sake 800 h.p could be deemed reliable.. So if everything was set up around this power level ?? You would have a fun package.. which in most cases this what it's all about ?? Leave the fast times to the pro's that can build a new engine after every meeting...

Last edited:
My mates T88 soarer should be running low 9's if the drivetrain holds up.
the car will make about 900hp at the wheels on a dyno dynamics on boost only.
Again the the drivetrain is sure to fail with this much torque. only has an R154.

Attachments

• to_hoodscoop.jpg
    to_hoodscoop.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 313
my car is a "street" car, full glass and interior, working headlights etc. So its gonna be heavy and take a good amount of power to run quick. Ive never known or eveseen anyone at the track with a 1uz. Its hard to find anyone on the internet postn pictures or info on 800-1200hp 1uz setups. Any more pics or info would be appreciated. thanks

Attachments

• 3027_10lo.jpg
    3027_10lo.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 311
my car is a "street" car, full glass and interior, working headlights etc. So its gonna be heavy and take a good amount of power to run quick. Ive never known or eveseen anyone at the track with a 1uz. Its hard to find anyone on the internet postn pictures or info on 800-1200hp 1uz setups. Any more pics or info would be appreciated. thanks

Following the link in my sig...i ran 11.7 on street tyres with 'only' 430rwhp....would be close to a 10 on Street ETs and def a 10 with the power it now makes 470rwhp (12psi).

at least 2 sub 10 sec UZ's in full body cars running here, not to mention the tubed cars running sub 8's

XR8tt im with you on the 800hp and some what reliable. Thats what im looking for in my car is the most power and still make motor last atleast 100 passes. Id like to run 9.50-8.90 without servicing the thing like a damn fuel car. But itd be great to see some pics of 1uz's w/ a 91mm turbo or some wild shit like that. You know like how the supra 2Jz boys get carried away with in there "street cars"

The Sc400 with full weight is about 3700 lbs, which is about 1678 kilos. It's a heavy car so I'd estimate it'll need around 700 rwhp or more to run in the 10s or 9s. I believe KC95 with a supercharger ran 12.5 with the SC4 that has around 350 rwhp. And he did really good at that. Another boosted SC4 was belonged to either Rdmfan or Chrissman that made 510 rwhp, but he ran something like 13.1. I think he didn't have good traction.