China Vs. USA

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
As of right now China is leading in Gold Medals. Do you think China will end up more Gold then USA? I think USA will end up with more Gold then China at the end of these games. What hurt us alot was the Female and Male Team Gymnastics. As of right now:

China: 27
USA: 16
Aus: 7

China should have more medals than anyone else.

With a population of around 1,2000,000,000 they have a greater feeder to find good athletes.

All things equal they should have around 5 times as many elite athletes as the States and around 60 times as many as Australia based on population.

Person for person the rest of the world (India aside) trashes China.

Ok Lex...I will take a back seat if you want to start a new Olympic thread and post medal totals too... I will pass the baton to you no problem...

I think China will win the total metal count unfortunately... USA will catch up after track and field though... Also the most total gold metals China will own..... China is stacked...

of course they will win...with a communist govt who takes children from their parents and trains them 365 days a year and only let them see their parents twice a year.....its insane...they may win a games but in the end it means squat...ooops did i say all this...anyways rant over....

You should think about adding an "Off Topic" forum Lex.
It would be good to keep this kinda chatter away from the other tech talk that happens in this "General" forum.

You should think about adding an "Off Topic" forum Lex.
It would be good to keep this kinda chatter away from the other tech talk that happens in this "General" forum.

That is what General Discussion section is all about:

Newbies and Introduction. Its time to brag about yourself. This section is also for general discussion that is not cover in any other sections. Anything goes.

Anyway, I would predict the US Men Basketball take the Golds, Female softball will take the Golds and perhaps US Men Volleybal will take the Golds. With these three teams that should give us at least 40 additional GOLDS. By the way out of the 16 Golds from USA, half of them are from Michael Phelps.

USA Womens volleyball, and womens tennis, will win the gold too....

Did you guys see "Lightning bolt" run? That guy is rediculously fast and even pounded his chest to celebrate while in the race and breaking the world record... I've never seen anything like that..WOW!!!

MVP- Gotta mix it up once in a while...Besides the Olympics will be over soon and so will this thread..

Current metal standings -

USA - 65 total (19 gold)
CHina - 61 (35 gold)
Aussie - 29 (8 gold)
Great Britian - 25 (11 gold)
Germany 21 (9 gold)

USA is in the lead, can we hold off China? It's gonna be close......

Bolt only ran 75 meters. The remaining 25 meters were cruising and celebrating. You should see his prelimaries. He only ran 50 meters and jogged the rest.

Bolt might as well sat down half way thru the race, had a cup of coffee, sign a few autographs and then get back up and win the race... This guy was really toying with the competition and the world record...

Phelps went 8 for 8 in gold metals and that's very impressive too...

If they would quite cheating, then they wouldn't have as many........
Umm ???

http://groups.msn.com/theanabolicclub/stanozolowinstrol.msnw

In the 2000 Games in Sydney, Jones had won three golds and two bronze medals. Her three golds were in the 100, 200 and 400 relay. Just before the 2004 Games in Athens, amidst constant speculation that her Sydney performance was enhanced, Jones met a gathering of Olympic reporters in New York. She angrily denied it all and left the impression that nobody who was actually cheating could have the audacity to lie so publicly and effectively.

Jones is now in jail in Texas for lying to a federal grand jury about her steroid use and for writing bad checks.

Needless to say everyone in the UK are absolutely totally impressed with Team GB. Punching well above their weight.

I think most in the world realise that the top 2 in the medals table will always be China and USA due to the sheer numbers of population to draw from. For the rest of us I guess 'best of the rest' and a top 6 or 8 position to aim for.

With the Olympics not our strongest passion we're all really impressed with the Brits. No arrogrance from anyone in the media or out on the street, we're all genuinely blown away.

Think we've just had our best sporting weekend since records began in the Olympics, and I think we've got some more to come!!!

Position Gold Silver Bronze total
1 China 39 14 14 67
2 United States 22 24 26 72
3 Great Britain 12 7 8 27
4 Australia 11 10 12 33
5 Germany 9 7 7 23
6 Russia 8 13 15 36
7 South Korea 8 9 6 23
8 Japan 8 5 7 20
9 Italy 6 6 6 18
10 Ukraine 5 3 8 16

USA - 65 total (19 gold)
CHina - 61 (35 gold)
Aussie - 29 (8 gold)
Great Britian - 25 (11 gold)
Germany 21 (9 gold)

USA is in the lead, can we hold off China? It's gonna be close......

ummm... sorry Matey have to disagree. USA is not in the lead using your figures. USA may have more medals (65) than China (61), but that's a rigged count. Tables must be set by numbers of Gold, ie first place. Therefore China is literally pissing over the rest of the world with 35 Golds (actually now 39).

You can't count Gold, Silver and Bronze as 1 count each. Silver is first loser - Gold is what counts.

But then it wouldn't suprise me if the US Media twisted the medals tables to show twisted results....... how can a bronze be worth as much as a gold????????

ha ha - oh yes you have!!!
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/04/sports/olympics/20080804_MEDALCOUNT_MAP.html

Bloody hell - what is it with the American's - why can't you admit when you've been beaten? A major National faux pas if you ask me!

Numbers blaaaaaa!!!! If your a super athelete your a super athelete... 10 million 50 million, 5 million in a country doesn't mean jack....

China is great because their government supports their atheletes from birth in every fashion... Other countries don't do that... I would bet if Australia or GB supported their athelets from birth like China, gave them everything they needed to succeed, proper training facilities, theoropy, financial support, and encouragement they would be in the top metal runnings too...

Just my take on the numbers game... Sheer numbers are overrated....

Bloody hell - what is it with the American's - OK SKID -

Why go their!! Everyone supports their country, period.. Who should I be pulling for then Skid? Kenya maybe? I said China would probably win and I am American..... Why must the English constantly bash Americans? Australians too... I don't get it... Not cool...

Now, after that comment I really hope the USA spanks the crap out of the Brits in every event... Just tired of this Anti-American crap that is being spewed .... Bloody hell as you would say...

This Anti American stuff must come from you guys losing all the time, in wars, sports, and everything else...Understandable when you think about it I guess...

oh jeeze, really, jibby Americans(or rather people from the USA) do have a Mentality that everything else in the world isn't worth checking out or caring or is cheap 3rd world or whatever the case may be, Ive heard them all. take your typical back woods redneck, they think driving a car that's not made in the USA is Blasphemy, wile there driving a Chevy pickup that's was manufactured in Mexico. go figure. Americans (or rather people from the USA) tend to hear only what they want to hear.and becouse of this tend to be very misinformed. for the last week i did a little side work for a friend of my boss, the guy i had to work with hates Barack Obama, OK that's fine but his reasoning is because Obama studied Islam as a kid "over there" as he put it, referring to the middle east IE. to him the place where everyone is a terrorist, in actuality obama did live in Indonesia and his mother enrolled him in a Islamic school at about the age 6 or so.

this is a classic case of Americans (or rather people from the USA) hearing only what they want to hear ending up being very misinformed on subjects yet still vocal about the, and not being accepting to other cultures

I lived in japan for a wile, omg i heard every horrible misconception about japan, everything from "why do the Japanese even have cars" cant you just walk across the island?" to "what is it like living in a 3rd world country?"

Americans (or rather people from the USA) have this odd mental picture of the world where there is the USA, and then there is woods all around, maybe some desert and some ocean and well there are a few of those famous city's like London, Tokyo, Sydney, but all the rest is woods right?

American (or rather from the USA) media is horrible, everything, i mean everything is all about the wow factor or the OMG factor, so every single news story has to be twisted to the point where it has lots of wows and OMGs but has nothing to do with what they are trying to report about.
In contrast, people in japan where well aware of what was going on around the world. they had more understanding of the American political system then most Americans, news over there covered the truth, no sugar coating, not glorifying maybe a little but not so much that i have to question if its true or not, how i watch the news for 5 Min's here and find holes in all the stories.

its really hard to see unless you live in another place for a wile, go take a long vacation to Europe but don't spend 100% of your time visiting tourist spots, go actually live there for a week or so, watch the news, go grocery shopping, get a feel for how life works in a different place, you will come back to the USA enlightened on how corn fed misinformed we really are over here. and you will understand the rest of the worlds anti-American attitude.

as for the term Americans, as you may have noticed i hate, America is a pair of contents that house many many country's including Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Cuba, chili Honduras, Guatemala, to name a few, this is a world issue. but we need a term that defines people from the USA. USAns or something.

so how is china said to be cheating?

In subjective judging, specifically women's gymnastics there really isn't any argument, China is cheating.

Judging aside it is highly unlikely that the Chinese women's team all meet the minimum age of 16... more like 13.

That said, if a 13 yo can win I am unsure why the age limit. Maybe in flexibility or there is a physical danger to the girls being too young. China doesn't care if there is a personal danger. Cheating.

I want the BEST to win PERIOD. I root for USA because I am a citizen. That said Romania won the women's floor and did so with the best performance. Nastia (USA) is beautiful to watch... like a ballerina but the Romanian girl had a better execution. Interesting that with the Chinese making big obvious mistakes they were simply out of contention and therefore leaving the best performances and fair judging.

I do not wish to take anything away from the Chinese athletes who are amazing and world contenders. I actually think it takes away from their efforts by rigging the results. FWIW IMHO