Chevy/GM and Th400/powerglide swap?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
jibbby said:
Chris - Oh yes the Old Lincoln Continentals with the suicide doors is a big gas eater and monster of an engine, I think I remember reading those cars get like (6 miles per gallon). Just like the big old caddy's... I had the pleasure of driving in a restored Lincoln Cont.. and it wasn't fast but smoothe confortable and quite, you can set up house in the back seat it is so large..that car must weigh 4 tons of car and steel...
Close. They typically weighd 5000-5800 lbs! HUGE boats. But very comfy. 10 mpg was closer to their average. Interestingly, the higher hp version I had in the Mustang put out the same mileage. Amazing what a much smaller car can do... hehehehe

In regards to Lex's comment = Your headers and side pipes on your Fox must roar big time..and I can see that beast frightening a few 3 and 4 year olds for the first time under full throttle if not from the noise then from the speed. I may have to agree with LEX on this one....
Actaully it wasn't THAT loud. From the outside, at idle it sounded like a stock 5.0, with a little bit more bass tone. It wasn't any louder as it revved, but the tone was deeper, a lower pitch. And it didn't have side pipes. But, it did have 3" dual exhaust through dual big muflers to help keep it quiet.

mystang1.jpg

In fact, my V8 RX7 with dual 2 chamber Flowmasters was louder:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/adesso/rex1.wmv