Cat amongst the pigeon`s here..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BigKriss

Have been looking at this type of intake design for a while now. I see someone has actually taken the plunge and build an intake for his turbo Corolla..
What do you guys think here..he has incorporated bell mouths into the collector as well..
This is an early pic of the 160 hp Quad 4 while the later 180 hp Quad 4 had a more conventional log type intake..

280px-Quad4-89Calais.jpg
PICT0065.jpg
PICT0069.jpg

Comments here anyone ??

I suppose an advantage of this design is ensuring equal flow to each cylinder?

Might be quite a challenge to fabricate for our favorite V8's :)

Yea is this an early 4AGE engine ??
Just because it's single fabricated and not alloy cast doesn't mean it won't work..
Like the GT40 inlet manifolds on 5.0 Mustangs etc..
Not much different to a set of headers..No real plenum like newer EFI motors...
Although the throttle body looks away down track..
By any chance ?? Was this from a 4AGZE engine which came with small supercharger ?? I see it runs an air meter too...

VAF sensor + boost = on/off function only hehe.

I bet an 8-1 tube style intake manifold would look crazy. Also you could play around with runner lengths to tailor to the engine needs.

long runner = race.
short runner = street.

VAF sensor + boost = on/off function only hehe.

I bet an 8-1 tube style intake manifold would look crazy. Also you could play around with runner lengths to tailor to the engine needs.

long runner = race.
short runner = street.

Fixed..
long runner = street / lower rpm torque
short runner = race / higher rpm power

looks very much like the factory intake on my L701 handi van, except the handi has a plenum of sorts at the end instead of the merge piece. Makes incredible down low power for a 1L, but of course nothing up top.

Perhaps no place on a big torquie V8?