Castel Hill Headers in SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jgscott

Does anyone know if the Castle Hill Headers will fit in the Engine bay in a stock SC400 ? 1998. Seems there is another post about measuments but wodering if anyone has them installed in a SC400. Do they fit and any problems ?

What car was it made for? I know that SS headers were made for the GS400 and SC400 (pre-98) would not directly bolt on. They have different cat flanges. Basically the cut off date is 1998. The cat flanges are slightly different.

There is a post on here somewhere about the castle hill headers. They use a standard 3 bolt header flange that will not fit any Lexus catalyst. The primary diameter looks to be 1.625" which is most likely going to hurt low end torque. Here is a link on installing the S&S headers on a 98-00 SC400. Even though the flange fits the cats the length is too long. SC400 used the same terrible manifolds from 92-00 with the exception being the different flanges for the cats in 98-00. http://mysite.verizon.net/res6pb6m/id11.html

While not perfect the S&S are my choice over the castle hill parts.

There is another bolt in header that eliminates the cats but I don't know of anyone using them or anything about the company selling them.

I know there may be some Cat match issues but what I was woundring was about the clearence between the mount at the exhaust port and the tubes clearing out the the cars engine bay walls.