Cam Timing Adjustments

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BlownV8

In regards to cam timing on a 1uz

As the exhaust cam is driven off the intake cam, and spins in the oposite direction, if you were to adjust the cam timing via a set of adjustable cam pulleys by say positive 4 degrees, would you infact have changed the intake cam by 4 degrees and the exhaust cam by -4 degrees. or have the lobes been ground in a reverse manner on the exhaust cam.

Also, where can i get a set of adjustable cam gears to a 1uz.

THANX
Adam

Adam if you adjust the front cam gear you will effect both in the same way. picture you are leaving the cams still and advancing the crank.
you need a centre gear if you are to adjust overlap. some people say they are available in new zealand. they would be good but not easy to adjust due to their position. which would involve some small techo design. just due to the space it would also have to be pressed on and off probably not a fesible option for a standard grind . And a front cam gear to adjust the advance and retard.

400ZED said:
Adam if you adjust the front cam gear you will effect both in the same way. picture you are leaving the cams still and advancing the crank.
you need a centre gear if you are to adjust overlap. some people say they are available in new zealand. they would be good but not easy to adjust due to their position. which would involve some small techo design. just due to the space it would also have to be pressed on and off probably not a fesible option for a standard grind . And a front cam gear to adjust the advance and retard.

Thanx 400, the exact answer i was looking for. Any ideas where i might get adjustable cam pulleys for a 1uz from??