Cam Timing 2uzfe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

PinelochTundra

When removing my cams for new Stage II lextreme cams, I noticed that on the cam gears that are inside the head have two seperate groups of dots, a group on double dots and then a group of single dots, both groups being 180 degrees away from each other. When setting them which group of dots point together or away from each other? Please help!

If i remember correctly it doesn't matter which you match up. As long as the DOUBLE DOT MATCHES DOUBLE DOT and SINGLE DOT MATCHES SINGLE DOT. When the double dot turn complete opposite that is when the single dot matches up. Try this link http://lextreme.com/cams.html

Last edited:
Ok Lex i got all the timing right, double dots, and single dots line up, cam gears line up with the line on the front of the valve cover, and the timing belt is lined up at all 3 locations(two cam gears and the crank gear) and the engine at TDC on #1 cylinder. I don't have my MAF hooked up or any of the accessories driven by the serpentine belt. Basically all you can see is the front of the engine with the timing belt and cam gears. I tried to start the car just to see if it would fire up, even if it died because of no MAF i didn't care, i just wanted to see if my timing was correct and i knew it was. I start the car and i get nothing, just a motor that sounds like its under compression? Everything is working correctly i can assure you. Is there any kind of fail safe from keeping the engine to turn over such as any sensors, such as the MAF, the ECU? I'm so confused on this whole timing thing with the DOHC. I understand it, its just much harder than a standard chevy motor, all you gotta do is line up the two marks and your done lol. Please help me lex 8(...