Cam profile & cam timing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

macks

With all this talk of new cams floating around, does anyone have any information on the stock cam setup? When does it open, close, how long is the overlap...?

I'm trying to do some simulation work, but nothing meaningful will come out until I get the cam timing nailed down.

It's suprising to see so many people speculating about valve sizes, aftermarket cams and rods ... "suck it and see" is damn expensive and time consuming way to modify an engine. I've got access to a very powerful 1-D engine simulation program that has the potential to give good answers to questions like...

- what lengths and pipe sizes do we need on extractors?
- what effect will retarding/advancing cam timing have?
- what would changing the intake manifold do?
- would a larger valve give any benefit? how about more lift? more compression?
- what can be done to help breathing at higher revs?
- what can be gained by buying a new or reground cam?

Once the model is set up properly, each answer only takes about 15 minutes to find...

So does anyone know what crank angle the intake and exhaust cams reach peak lift? I don't have one of these engines handy, but it'll take someone about an hour to stick a 360deg protractor on the main pulley, pop off a valve cover and turn the engine over by hand to find the crank angle that corresponds to peak lift. It might be fun!

I spent three days searching the forums for each separate piece of information that's all in that one post, how did I miss it?

Cheers for that...