Cam Driven Water Pump

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

quadcam boat

Here are some photos of a camshaft driven water pump that I had Fabricated. It is a flexible vane pump commonly used on marine engines. This lexus is in a boat. I didn't want to clutter up the front of engine, and the pump is better off running at half engine speed. It was going to be difficult to set up a belt drive that halved the engine speed (pulleys get too big). Kade Speed and Marine in Emerald Qld, Australia machined it up out of a solid piece of metal and used a mercruiser impellor inside it. They made 2 so there is a second one available if anyone wants it. Send me an email if you are interested. They milled a slot in the back of the cam and the pump shaft fits like a flat screwdriver bit.
The camshaft could be used to drive other accessories, such as a normal cyntrifugal water pump to supply water to a air to water intercooler setup, alternator, power steer pump, mechanical fuel pump, whatever you wanted, so long as you had room between the engine and firewall. Obviously, you need a reason to relocate to the back of the head, but some refits to different cars may need this sort of thing.
By the way, the reason I am using an external pump is because you need a self priming pump on a boat engine.

Very creative. I assume the exterior pump doesnt turn only the internal spins. Would this setup affect the balance of the cams?