Bolting the Mk3 R154 tranny up to the 1UZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JDMfantasy

Whats the easiest way to go about this? I've seen it done, but what are the details? Anyone whos done this I'd greatly appreciate the info.

you'll need more than just the bellhousing though... i've done heaps of research into this earlier this year before i got my v160 instead...

a whole bolt on kit will set you back $1400 AUD... but that comes with every single nut and bolt you need.... (flywheel, bellhousing, clutch, all cylinders etc)

the dellow kit is bolt on.... the CRS kit needs some work...

either places will sell you parts so you can match your own flywheel and clutch up to it.

Is the V160 easier to bolt up? Also, I dont have any problem with fabricating or welding. Could I make anything or would I HAVE to buy everything. Thanks for the input so far.

v160 is more difficult to mate to the v8... bellhousing is intergrated into the gearbox casing... so your only options are to machine off the flange and reweld a new flange to suit, or to use an adaptor plate... im going with the second route as i dont want to hack up a $4000 gearbox.

done it

Dunno what my gearbox is exactly, but at a cost of absolutely nothing i made a conversion plate that goes between the gearbox (2ltr twin turbo 1g 5 speed) and the automatic bellhousing that came with my 1uz. As i am using a a tilton clutch and hydraulic thrust bearing there is no need for a clutch paddle sticking out side of bellhousing. All of the bolts that go through the adaptor plate into the gearbox fit inside the bellhousing. Was a piece of cake.

Not bad. I'll find out what the 1G's used for a gearbox. Do you have any pics of your adapter palte you made, or perhaps your tranny. I could tell what it was if I saw a pic. Thanks mang.

I will be pulling my engine and gearbox out very shortly to finish off few bits and pieces. I will email you photos of adaptor if you like. Will get gearbox info tonight and post tomorrow. I know some stock car guys using same tranny as me and they claim to be putting over 400hp through it.

Hi, just had a look on the dellow auto au website and apparently it is a W58.
I might have an autocad drawing of an adapter plate, send me your email address.

If its the W58, then the bolt pattern should be the same as the R154. Both were used on the 7MGTE. If this is indeed the case, then this could save us some serious $$. All I would need is the 1UZ auto bellousing....anyone reading this in the states have one?

My Email is [email protected]

Also send to [email protected] if you would.

I'm going to use the r154 box on a 1uz-fe too.

All info possible would be nice.

I am going to buy a bellhousing, but would like to fabricate as much as possible myself.

What flywheel can i use?
How will the starter fit?
How can I make the clutch work?

Thanks!