BMW V12 Project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
bmw v12 progress

Hi John, Any more progress, the reason I ask is look what I came home with 2 days after xmas, just gotta get it to run properly before I pull it from the 750.Hope it doesn't take me 5 yrs to get it going but knowing me it probably will lol Came very close to joining my two 1uz together, just couldn't find out how to join them, do you know how.
Regards
Graeme

Attachments

• 2012-12-27 17.59.03.jpg
    2012-12-27 17.59.03.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 19
Graeme, glad to see you're making progress! Wish I was - AFAIK my engine is still sitting where it was six months ago, and the builder is supposed to be fabricating a harness for it to run on his dyno.

Nice looking donor there; hope it works well for you.

I think joining some engines would be a cool project, but I'd probably start with motorbike motors in lieu of automotive - they're already more "modular". I've often thought about trying to do an "X" engine configuration out of 4 Hayabusa top ends and a custom crankcase/crankshaft. You'd have a 16 cylinder engine displacing somewhere around 5.5 liters and producing close to 700 HP, if you could ever get it to run! :)

Or build one of the infamous "H" engines like BRM did in the 60's. Very low CG, but horrendously complex with way too many moving parts. But as Tony Rudd's book title suggests "It Was Fun".

Last edited:
I like this tread and your project as i really like thinking outside the square and being different to everyone else. Thats why i put a 1UZ in my 37 Chev rather than the normal 350/350/9" combo.I am toying with the idea of joining 2 1UZ's together to put into a 46 Riley RMB as a future project. I have the car and 2 motors sitting around to play with. Just need the time to play:):):)

Lmp

hi Justen , I have to admit that the lmp is a nice looking car, very similar styling to a mates m8 replica, this M8 was built in a home garage by Russell seated, with only pictures and a hot wheels size model to go from a true credit to his abilities. But I have to finish my Countach before I even start thinking about other toys.

Attachments

• IMG_1456.JPG
    IMG_1456.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1460.jpg
    IMG_1460.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 14
They make it sound so easy? How do you weld a block together and keep oil and water galleries aligned and sealed? Line boring for the crank, decking the block...on it goes. It beggars belief it could even be done, let alone someone wanting to do it?