BMW V12 Project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Thanks; the long block is nearly finished. The top of the engine only needs the fuel rail to be finished, and the bottom still needs the dry sump system.

The first CAD drawing of the dry sump pan was off, so that was a setback while we tried to figure out where the errors were made.

But the revised CAD drawing of the dry sump pan looks to be a winner, so we're hoping that the ally chips will be flying shortly...

We're as close as two weeks away from finishing the engine, or as far as ????

Opel Manta A series

Was first trying to install this engine, but it's just too tall. Sold the engine and kept the borg warner t56, and bougth me a m70 engine. Engine is on his way home. I hope this one will fit.
Manta%20V10.JPG

Thanks for your interest; the project was stalled for ages waiting on the dry sump system, but the prototype pan is finally in line to be in the CNC machine next week. I hope to have some pics of it by late in the week.

The rest of the engine is essentially done - the builder is just doing some "fine" machining of the fuel rail to fit, since the way his intake works, both banks of injectors now share a common single rail.

So this motor might actually run in anger yet this year!

That 760i twinturbo motor is a beast; I'm convinced that twinturboing these BMW V12's is the best way to get power out of them. Trying to do it NA, and make a high RPM Ferrari type motor out of them is an exercise in wasting money, although 12 ITB's still trump everything else in sex appeal.

Not just yet; I was collaborating with the guy that builds these cars: www.f1-67.com on doing a near replica of Dan Gurney's Eagle that he won the Belgian GP with at SPA in 1967. IMO, that was the most beautiful F1 car ever built, and I thought it'd be really cool to build a lookalike, even if was going to be powered by a 6.0l SOHC V12, instead of a 3.5l DOHC V12.

I'd even arranged a mockup engine for him to test fit there in the UK, and it slipped in his chassis just fine. But after looking at the realities of a building a track only car, I think it's just too impractical. The cost of renting track time here locally is exorbitant, plus there's the cost of storing the car the rest of the time is as well. Sorta like keeping a big cabin cruiser in a hired slip for maybe 1 outing a year.

So, although I haven't eliminated the F1 car entirely, I'm still looking around for a suitable chassis that can be street driven. I've already been down the GT40 road, and have ruled them out, and I've never been a fan of Ultimas, so those two chassis are off the table. I don't care for the looks of Lambo's or their replicas either, so they're a no go also. That doesn't leave much left, unfortunately, and it really needs to be a midengine chassis, 'cause I happen to have a high end transaxle looking for a home, as well. :confused:

There's the '60's Le Mans Ferrari & Porsche racers.

A 330 would be good rivalry for your GT40 mates but in my eyes not as pretty.

The open wheeler would be quite exciting but such limited opportunities.

Well....... I do happen to have 2 of these Porsche trannies. One's a G50/03 which isn't the toughest of the family, but should handle a UZ motor. Several guys have used this behind a SBC or SBF in their GT40's and while it won't take a dropped clutch start with sticky tires too many times, it's still stouter than an Audi transaxle. Its condition is unknown, as I only used it for test fitting to one of my BMW motors in a GT40 replica.

The other is the G50-52, and it was built up from scratch by the same house (CMS) that built the Ultimate Aero's transaxle, and they used the same platform (G50-52), and many of the same parts. They've advised that it should handle a 750 ft-lb motor without any fuss.

I'd let the first one go pretty cheap, but I hear that these Porsche transaxles are already pretty plentiful in Oz?

There's an idea :) Or just finding an 850i that needs some hotrodding and my motor to turn it into an 850CSi. Or should I say 860CSi, 'cause mine has been linered, punched, and stroked to 6.0l.

Only problem with my motor is that to get the Dailey dry sump setup, I had to sacrifice the A/C compressor. Didn't think I'd need it for any of the chassis that were on the table at the time. But a hotrodded 850i, or other luxobarge really needs an A/C. Hmmmm.

I have the perfect doner for your motor.
BMW 850i KOENIG SPECIALS KS8
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r381/koenig_ks8/SDC12064.jpg
SDC12064.jpg
PowerPlant Racing BMW "860i"
Race car tuner PowerPlant racing of North Carolina, USA produced the most powerful Naturally Aspirated 8 series BMW. This was done by increasing the displacement of the M70 V12 engine to a 6.0L capacity.

This conversion changes the stroke of the engine from 73 mm (2.9 in) to 86 mm (3.4 in), the bore from 84 mm (3.3 in) to 86 mm (3.4 in) and the compression ratio from 8.8/1 to 10/1. The 6.0 conversion on a stock rebuild makes 405 hp (302 kW) & 425 ft·lbf (576 N·m) of torque. However, there are add on options of this program that increases the specifications to 455+ HP and 500+ ft·lbf (386 HP and 409 ft·lbf (555 N·m) torque at the wheels) that is emission legal with completely civilized, stock drivability.[8][9]

There were only 7 of the 6.0L conversions done for the E31 (BMW 8 Series). The power output was verified by several

Last edited:
How about that; PowerPlant (Henry Lawrence) is building my engine also.

All I need is the chassis and your body kit, etc., etc....... and $$$$$

Well....... I do happen to have 2 of these Porsche trannies. One's a G50/03 which isn't the toughest of the family, but should handle a UZ motor. Several guys have used this behind a SBC or SBF in their GT40's and while it won't take a dropped clutch start with sticky tires too many times, it's still stouter than an Audi transaxle. Its condition is unknown, as I only used it for test fitting to one of my BMW motors in a GT40 replica.

The other is the G50-52, and it was built up from scratch by the same house (CMS) that built the Ultimate Aero's transaxle, and they used the same platform (G50-52), and many of the same parts. They've advised that it should handle a 750 ft-lb motor without any fuss.

I'd let the first one go pretty cheap, but I hear that these Porsche transaxles are already pretty plentiful in Oz?

Cheers John,
I'll have a look around...a mate i ride with is a Porsche nut so he might know where to locate stuff.