Backdraft Cobra with 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Welcome Johnno, there's been some great craftsmanship that's come out of South Africa - the Superformance cars come to mind.... We're looking forward to following your build - are you going to stay NA or turbo/supercharge it?

Thanks Karl, At this stage the wallet determines that it will stay NA. I would like to put throttle bodies though, for looks more than anything.
Drivetrain is not for big bhp anyway, should be good for 350bhp at the most. If all works out well I will build another with supercharger, supra box and M3 diff.
Cheers,
Johnno

I made up an adaptor plate from 10mm mild steel plate to mate the standard auto bellhousing to the Hi-Lux manual box.
Internal slave is a Ford unit fitted to a Fiesta in this country.
I machined the Toyota front housing with another adaptor to hold the clutch slave.

Well I finaly started the car and went for a short drive.
I did have hassles with the internal clutch slave and had to pull the box out. There were two problems, one with the slave not being 100% seated and the other with the spacing relative to the travel. I had to add another 6mm plate to give better travel. Anyway the car is still a bit rough, I think too rich on start up and too lean in the high range. I will have to go to work on the laptop to get it right. Overall I am very pleased with it and looking forward to finishing it off and having some fun with Summer on the way.

Thats looking really good mate congrates! I like the use of the e36 setup it should handle well. Whats you specs on the extractors? size wise etc. Oh and good luck for the world cup you will need it ;)

Nice work there Backdraft, love the colour scheme. What ECU are you running?

Are they 17" vintage wheels from the US? They look the same as mine.

Also good luck to both you and Drifty in the world cup you will both need it.....

Thats looking really good mate congrates! I like the use of the e36 setup it should handle well. Whats you specs on the extractors? size wise etc. Oh and good luck for the world cup you will need it ;)

Thank you for the kind words, to be honest I think we will both need luck in the world cup.....we must be humble in Cobber's presence!
With regards to my car, the extractors are 52mm with no tuned lengths, we had to make do with the space available. The BMW suspension has transformed the car beautifully, it handles, brakes and rides like a factory built sports car.

Nice work there Backdraft, love the colour scheme. What ECU are you running?

Are they 17" vintage wheels from the US? They look the same as mine.

Also good luck to both you and Drifty in the world cup you will both need it.....
Thank you Cobber, I think you are right that we need luck, but remember success is never permanent!!!!
The wheels are 17" knock-on's made here in South Africa by a company called Wheelcraft and the ECU is from Dicktator you can see them on www.dicktator.co.za. I wasn't too sure on the colour scheme at first but it is growing on me, chuffed to know someone else like it.

LOL. Well I was born in England and now live in Australia so the last world cup was edge of the seat stuff last time, you couldn't write a better ending. http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/ England are in Pool A with South Africa, Tonga, Samoa and the USA this time. Should be some hard hitting games in tha round.

Do you have a link to the wheelcraft wheels, just out of interest. I bought my 17" pin drives through Vintage wheels in the US and they look exactly the same. http://www.vintagewheelsus.com/index.html

I will have a look at that ECU as well I have never heard of it. My cobra will be in gelcoat white for a while as I keep changing my mind on what colour to paint it.

You guys put together some good stuff and you should take a bow.

Do you have a link to the wheelcraft wheels, just out of interest. I bought my 17" pin drives through Vintage wheels in the US and they look exactly the same. http://www.vintagewheelsus.com/index.html

I will have a look at that ECU as well I have never heard of it. My cobra will be in gelcoat white for a while as I keep changing my mind on what colour to paint it.

I believe they are the same wheels, manufactured here in South Africa. I am running GoodYear F1 235x45/17 fronts and 315x35/17 rears. I would guess that yours are a 4.75" pcd (120.65mm) for Jag/Chev etc. Mine are exactly 120mm (BMW) only a slight difference but essential with the peg drive.
I had the same problem with colour choice, everytime I saw one in a different colour I changed my mind or someone else chose a colour I wanted. They always look good in Blue though, can't go wrong with that!
What about Springbok colours????

I thought they looked the same. 245 45 17 front 315 35 17 rear. Very pleased with the quality of these wheels.

Drifty
I think they have banned handbags this year so the the AB's may be in with a chance.......