Backdraft Cobra with 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey Backdraft

Car looks great. Love the colour scheme. What are the plans for the motor?
Good to see another Toyota powered Snake.
Here's a link to photo's of my car.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=17929&cat=500&thumb=1

Brett
Hey Brett, thanks for the compliments - back at ya, your car looks fantastic, tell me more about it, what car is it, suspension etc???
I just have to do that throttle body conversion, can you give me a heads up?
Thx
Johnno

Johnno

The kit is made locally here in Sydney by a company called Homebush Fibreglass. Its based on the Arntz Butler replica. It runs mostly Commodore running gear.
Those T/B's are only a mockup at the stage. Its something I have been working on for while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnno gorgeous car; BTW, I noticed the same thing about the sound of my 1UZ when we were dynoing. Down low and up to around 3500 it definitely has the chebbie rumble.

Guess having the same firing order as the chebbie makes it sound like its little brother. It certainly has its own sweet sound above 4000, though.

I had a flywheel made up to take the standard ring gear off the Lexus flex plate. It worked out heavier than I would have liked, measuring about 10kgs. Will have to wait and see how it performs.........
Clutch & pressure plate is Toyota Cressida.
What kind of Toyota Cressida?? The ones that were available commonly as manuals that I know of were powered with the 5M-GE motor (USA) and 22R and diesel motors (rest of world).