auto choke on 1990 ls400.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nick pilbeam

hi gang. this question may be easy for some but i am struggling, how do you shut off or take down very low the auto choke on a 1990 ls 400, i live on the gold coast in sunny australia & it gives me the pip when i have to start the car a few mins before going out or it runs at 1300 rpm untill warmed up, i have no need for it when it is 25 deg cel at 7 am & gets to 35 by midday, not to forget the petrol it is useing to warm up, any help on this matter would be most welcome. thankyou nick.

All Toyotas with fuel injection have "electric choke". The ECU runs richer when you start the car. The engine is not near hot enough to run at a leaner condition smoothly. The Outside air temp has a smaller role in fuel enrichment than does coolant temperature. The computer watches that the two start at the same temp, and if they are, that is a cold start. As the variance between water and air temp grows, the computer will lean out. This takes a few minutes as you have noticed.

thanks for the reply nick, i understand what you have said,so in short i am controlled by the computer & cannot do anything to lower the electric choke or the high idle, & thats why even when the car is hot & you start it up it revs high for a minute & then settles down to normal idle.thanking you.