Another Supra Knockoff? Ferrari 599 GTB

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
I can understand Hyundai trying to copy the Supra for their Tiburon, but now Ferrari of all people, with their 599 GTB?

This car looks exactly like a wingless Supra....

The 2nd photo is the Tiburon.

You have to be joking?

The only similarity between the Ferrari and the Supra is they both have wheels and tyres.

The Ferrari is in a different league for looks, performance and cred. Oh and an exhaust sound to die for.

The Toyota is in a different league for reliability.

To say nothing of price.

If you had the money which would you park in your garage? The Ferrari me thinks.

Rod, I'm speaking only to the surface styling similarities between the two. Apparently Car & Driver have noted these as well, and said something to the effect ".....what the next Supra should have been."

The reason so many cars look a like is not because some stylist got it right and all the other boneheads follow their lead it's because the wind tunnell dictates what shape will work.

Why do you think bullets all have the same basic rounded shape? Because a square bullet don't work.

Please be careful about using words like Tiburon and car in the same sentence as those two words cannot be used in the same paragraph let alone sentence.

Iaccept Ferrari's are full of faults (I've owned 3) but I could never compare one to a Supra. They are different because they are supposed to appeal to different people.

That profile shot is the only one that looks similar to the Supra. Other side shots don't look as Supra-like IMO. Google Ferrari 599, there are tons of pics out there. The front has hints of Infiniti G35, the rear looks pretty unique to me.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/01/09/detroit-2006-ferrari-officially-announces-599-gtb/

Yummy! 620 hp V12...

I hope to be fortunate enough to own a Ferrari one day - I've loved them for as long as I can remember...

1-ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-2006-2007.jpg

7-ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-2006-2007.jpg

6-ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-2006-2007.jpg

9-ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-2006-2007.jpg

These pictures are just awesome....

no, not really. the Ferrari is built to go fast, unlike a SC, which was origionally built to be luxurious, and not aerodynamic. not to mention the Ferrari has a paddle shift transmission.

stevechumo said:
Do you guys think our SC V8 with 600 rwhp (with LSD upgraded) can play along with this Ferrari? Is there any hope?
What do yo mean by play? Are you talking 1/4 mile. Probably not but maybe. Cars are more than numbers, the feelings and sensations you'll get from a ferrari are uncomparable. Remember, a pinto can run 9's with a big turbo, would you really want to see a ferrari with drag slicks on it (man that would red-neck), anyway, there are lots of factors that we can't put numerical measures on.

AmmoJammo said:
well, you can see the similarities, thats for sure...
blue-supra-1.jpg
there are no similarities ecxept for the long hood. the doors arent even the same shape, the Ferrari is much more angular.

WDoherty said:
What do yo mean by play? Are you talking 1/4 mile. Probably not but maybe. Cars are more than numbers, the feelings and sensations you'll get from a ferrari are uncomparable. Remember, a pinto can run 9's with a big turbo, would you really want to see a ferrari with drag slicks on it (man that would red-neck), anyway, there are lots of factors that we can't put numerical measures on.
I agree the Supra can't be compared with the Ferrari . But man, I've seen the Supras that are on the same tracks with the Ferraris, either drifting, dragging, or laps.

After sitting in that 599 GTB Ferrari and looking it over bumper to bumber there really are no comparisons...That perticular Ferrari is just a superior fine automobile to any Supra or Hyundai... The price of that vehicle is in a different league as well...:boggled:

I would be most greatful and excited to be owning and driving the GTB Ferrari with of course a great bumper to bumper waranty that would have to be included.... I also wouldn't be to upset to own a very clean and strong running Supra TT either...However, the Hyundai I may have to return for a full refund...:no:

I dont think the guy is trying to compare the build quality or performance etc. Both can be made to go around tracks very well and make tons of power. I can see the similarities in the design of the exterior dimensions, the rake, rear end angles and proportions are very similar to the Supra. Its no 350Z / 911 rip off... but there is some common looks for sure.

there are no similarities ecxept for the long hood. the doors arent even the same shape, the Ferrari is much more angular.

Look at the roofline and the shape of side glass, and the long hood like you said. It's SIMILAR in styling, at the very least. If you want to argue what "similar" is, feel free.

I own a MKIII supra which people have been known to confuse with a :censored: ford probe. I'd say they're even more dissimilar than these two cars, but they're just close enough that someone who's ignorant can make that mistake.

Look at the roofline and the shape of side glass, and the long hood like you said. It's SIMILAR in styling, at the very least. If you want to argue what "similar" is, feel free.

I own a MKIII supra which people have been known to confuse with a :censored: ford probe. I'd say they're even more dissimilar than these two cars, but they're just close enough that someone who's ignorant can make that mistake.

thats true, they are both similar is styling, but there are still alot of cars with the long hood style. Supras, 240-280Z, the 250 GTO, the list would go on for a bit. there arent few enough cars in that list to warrant the 599 being a "knockoff" of the MKIIII.