another supra owner looking to join the ranks

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

foreverpsycotic

hello everyone. i have come here from supramania and supraforums to explore the possibilities of a v8 powered supra. right now i have a 89 supra N/A with a r154, but after reading into this swap im looking to do a auto swap for it to bolt up to the 1uz. is there anyone who has complelted this swap that has a wiring diagram like those for the 1j or 2j swaps?

hello everyone. i have come here from supramania and supraforums to explore the possibilities of a v8 powered supra. right now i have a 89 supra N/A with a r154, but after reading into this swap im looking to do a auto swap for it to bolt up to the 1uz. is there anyone who has complelted this swap that has a wiring diagram like those for the 1j or 2j swaps?

Couple of things for you. yes the auto would be the easiest rought, but retaining the R154 would not be a hard situation to acheive. There are adaptors out there for bolting up a 5sp. As for the wiring, Peter (V8SUPRA) and GT400 would be your main help from thier first hand knowldge of the swap. I unfurtunitly cant help to much cause I'm using full stand alone. I have been helping GT400 with some wiring issues, and thus far is seems pretty straight forward and simple.

thx for the quick replies. i think that i have the early mounts in my supra, and i wouldnt mind an auto, as i tend to be lazy. that and i could sell the r154 and DS for an auto and some cash.

Are you stock mounts the round units with the cast aluminum stands on the motor or are the the square units with welded steel stands on the motor?

If square and steel, then yes you have the early setup and if round and aluminum, the you have the late.

The stands that I can do for you are for the late, but I am getting ready to mod the jig that I built to allow me to do ones for the early style also. Bad part is, I am not going to be able to get to it for a couple of weeks.

that is quite alright cj, as i dont have anything yet and dont want to jump into a swap untill i have a better understanding of what i need wire up, and when i have the cash to do it right. when i was looking into a swap for my bug, and the golf before that, i was told to always add atleast 1000$ to the cost if the swap for anything that might come up.