Another prospective LEx - '03 LS430!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hi all,

I ran into a 2003 LS430 with 15600 miles - :D

Downside:

- mainly city driven
- lots of street rash

- lots of little things:

-Steering wheel column does not move up/down
-Con tray onthe left does not close
-Garage door opener tray on the roof does not close correctly
-boot does not open

..... I am sure there is more, and most of this would have to be repaired before I buy it.

Question: What else is there to watch for in a 2003 LS430??

Thanx for any and all advise!!

thjakits :cool:

I would rather have a 100k beautifully maintained car than a 16k beater. For the car to have all those problems with only 16k (if accurate) suggests a terrible life. I would pass.

If you are shopping 430s by all means look for a 2004-2006. There are many small upgrades and the car looks better and has a 6 speed transmission putting it sub 6 seconds 0-60mph stock.

Here is the story:

Car is in Panama, and has mostly spent its past life in the city - lots of rash to proof it and tires are about gone too.

The little things, I really don't know why - coin tray clip not working?? Roof tray lock not engaging properly, et...

The car is advertised at 20K, BUT (remember I am in Panama):

The used car dealer says it is more expensive than in US - transport, import, etc.

HOWEVER:
- the market for used Lexus basically does not exist in Panama.
- last model before update (2003/2004)
- the car is on the lot for over a year by now!!
(it is amazing what sales people volunteer to give up right from the start!!)
(if they want to have it another year, don't give me a good price and fast....)
- tires are gone
- lots of little things to fix (e.g. Steering wheel adjustment has to be fixed before I buy...)
- they know I am negotiating a LS400 in Florida, so if they want to get rid of the 430, they need to come way down...

I would have a electronics (cars) guy go through the car too before I buy...

I am aiming for 11K .... (offering 10K to start haggling) ..... or not, I tend to agree with JBrady on this, but if you sit in the car it is kind of hard not to think about buying it, IF the price is right....

thjakits, :)

have u driven it? My 18 yo lexus has a working column and boot, it would take some serious abuse to kill those in a 03', be careful.