another newbi from the dark side of the planet.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

#Rotor

Yes I'm new , My fault!!! sowy :D

here is what I'm busy with right now.

1UZFETT_downpipes_8432.jpg

stock mid-sump 1uzfe in a Mazda B3000 (swapped the sump for a front sump)
2 x T3 turbo's 0.86 comp-AR and 0.64 Turbine-AR
63mm/76mm boost plumbing all round.
ECU: Perfect Power XMS-5B-8A
Octane boost: Methanol injection
Tilton OT2 3 plate clutch and HRB
Custom made Aluminum Flywheel for the clutch.
W58 Gearbox

Welcome #Rotor!

Quite the project you have started there. You mention methanol injection but not the intercooler you look to have plumbed for. What are your power goals and vehicle use plans?

it's just for normal everyday use, and towing the toy to the track...

so if I can see about 300 wheel KW from it, I'd be more than happy.

we do have a bit of a problem with regards to our fuel quality , from there the addition of methanol injection. It's for octane enrichment only, not as the primary fuel.

the intercooler looks like this.
B4000V8TT_8346.jpg

got some stuff done today.

Both downpipes and the complete exhaust system, done...
1UZFE-TT_exhaust_8516.jpg

and also almost done with the Radiator...
1UZFE-TT_Radiator_8492.jpg

1UZFE-TT_Radiator_8518.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72964607/conversions/MAzda_V8TT/1UZFE-TT_Radiator_8519.jpg

This is a 740I BMW radiator, that I'm using, the one tank is perfect, with a built in oil cooler and all, the opposite side, I need to custom fabricate.

the brakes also almost there...
1UZFE_Disk-hat_8495.jpg

1UZFE-TT-Bigdisk_8499.jpg

1UZFE-TT-Bigdisk_8500.jpg

1UZFE-TT-Bigdisk_8510.jpg

will be running a pair of Wilwood Dynalite's on these monsters.

Major fab work done....

Got all the major fabrication out the way now....
1UZFE-TT_8532.jpg

1UZFE-TT_8533.jpg

1UZFE-TT_8534.jpg

1UZFE-TT_8535.jpg

now just waiting for the Wilwood's and the Tilton HRB for the clutch, then final assembly.

Great work man. A lot of effort and its respected. Is that an aftermarket intake manifold? and how did u plumb that turbo kit? i see it going from the manifold to the turbo, then down to the intercooler and up to the other turbo and filter? and are the two turbos connected via that pipe that goes across behind the radiator?

Given what I read in the news today it is little wonder that you guys want big guns in more ways than one. Great work that man!

thanks..

the turbo's run side by side, both will boost into the top pipe, that then goes through the inter-cooler, and then through to the throttle,

that pipe at the bottom, underneath the crank pulley is actually the one turbo's downpipe, space constraints with the brake booster and all that being on that side, made it impossible to get it through there properly, without creating more problems than it would have solved....

the stock inlet of the 1UZFE is completely symmetrical, with regards to fasting holes and ports, so you can actually put it on backwards. I relocated the throttle to the front of the inlet, initially, but top clearances then forces me to turn it around, making it sit at the back, which actually worked out way better in any case...

well, I'm still running stock everything on the engine, just an adjustable FPR to help with the fueling a bit, so I'm not going to be doing anything more than 0.5 Bar. Maybe 0.6Bar.

It being a daily driver and race-fuel not being an option...

so theoretically I should see at least 300Kw on the wheels, at 0.5Bar.

of cource, with the water/methanol injection added, we might be able to push it a bit further. will see what she does... :boobies:

Very nice welds! Any hp numbers on this project? How much boost are you planning to run?

O'ridy.... final assemby time.

Got the HRB that was keeping the hole project on hold for so long...
1UZFE_Tilton-HRB_1019.jpg

Should have a purring little kitten soon.
1UZFE_Final_1028.jpg
1UZFE_Final_1032.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2z3_Vqp7m4

got her to start finally.

had a bit of an issue figuring out how exactly to configure the ECU, in particular the ignition and injection outputs, for running it full sequential... as I'm what looks like the first to ever actually use one of these XMS5B's on a 1UZFE.

now it's on to sorting all the Gremlins...

first off, the damn water-pump, needs replacing.
Fucked-Water-pump_1414.jpg

This one is completely shot, give me a steady 3drops pes second leak.

Then I definitely need to get a bigger fan in, but space is a major hurdle up front. So far not able to find anything that can fit into 36mm worth of depth.

Closest to something big enough and powefull enough is this old original equipment Bosch unit. Lucky for me, I removed the AC and the pulley that sometimes are the hydraulic fan drive unit... so this one might just snugly fit in....
Fan-1407.jpg

Fan_1406.jpg

The two Big issues I hoped I would not have, Luckily I don't.
The Clutch is super soft and very very smooth, no jerking or jittering, in fact, it feel way more controllable than a std clutch. So that I'm very happy about.

and then the brakes. on the bit of a test run I took up the road, felt very nice and firm.

Boost seem to be coming in at around 2000Rpm's or there abouts... very responsive... I like that too... not tuned at all, yet, so it can only get better from here on out....

but first new pump...

Last edited: