aluminum brake calipers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toyotasrfun

did any lexus with a v8 come with aluminum calipers?
I went to a scrapyard today thinking that the sc300 had aluminum calipers but was displeased to find that they were made of steel just like the ones i have..
while i hope to use these calipers (if i buy them) they may be too heavy for my project.
I'm particularily looking for a pair of twin or more piston calipers.
please let me know if you know of something.. my car doesnt weigh 2klbs.. i need awesome brakes but the weight may kill everything else.. let me know guys
thanks!

We use R32 skyline turbo calipers - 4 pot aliminuium calipers - easy to get parts - In NZ anyway. Use something that there is plenty avaliable locally - cheers

calipers

i've got new 4 piston front calipers for a TT Supra if any one is interested. They're remanufactured and have the Supra logo. They weight a lot. I was going to put them on the 92 LS I had. I'll trade or sell them if any one is interested.

i've got new 4 piston front calipers for a TT Supra if any one is interested. They're remanufactured and have the Supra logo. They weight a lot. I was going to put them on the 92 LS I had. I'll trade or sell them if any one is interested.

What is you price? where are you located? do you have picture?

Thank you,

Hi all.

Dont have a lexus but instead roll in a JDM 1994 TT supra :D. Unfortunately i have the smaller brakes (US supras only got these on their NA's) and am wanting to upgrade but facelift TT brakes (the big ones you guys got) are rather expensive :(.

So.. Ive got here a set of aluminum LS400 calipers. I was on my way to ordering some LS400 disks but page one has got me confused. 1990 LS400's have small light disks (bad) and the 95 LS400 has the larger disks......... so what im wondering is

Q, whats the difference between calipers large disk vs small disk (1990 &1995 spec) and how can i tell which version i have?

I'm hoping someone will say something like "only 1995+ had aluminum calipers".

That'd rock.

-Nathan.

Hi all.

Dont have a lexus but instead roll in a JDM 1994 TT supra :D. Unfortunately i have the smaller brakes (US supras only got these on their NA's) and am wanting to upgrade but facelift TT brakes (the big ones you guys got) are rather expensive :(.

So.. Ive got here a set of aluminum LS400 calipers. I was on my way to ordering some LS400 disks but page one has got me confused. 1990 LS400's have small light disks (bad) and the 95 LS400 has the larger disks......... so what im wondering is

Q, whats the difference between calipers large disk vs small disk (1990 &1995 spec) and how can i tell which version i have?

I'm hoping someone will say something like "only 1995+ had aluminum calipers".

That'd rock.

-Nathan.
the calipers you want (1995-2000) look like this :)
LS400BBKcompkit.jpg

1st gen LS calipers look completely different. (sliding single piston vs. opposed 4piston)

Hi all.

Dont have a lexus but instead roll in a JDM 1994 TT supra :D. Unfortunately i have the smaller brakes (US supras only got these on their NA's) and am wanting to upgrade but facelift TT brakes (the big ones you guys got) are rather expensive :(....
That's interesting. I thought all TT Supra 93-99 have the same brake system. The 95 and newer LS400 brake should fit on your Supra. It's because the SC fit them, the Supra TT fit the SC, and so they can be switched. I guess. I'm using the LS400 brake on they SC400 and it's a lot better than the stock SC.

That's interesting. I thought all TT Supra 93-99 have the same brake system. The 95 and newer LS400 brake should fit on your Supra. It's because the SC fit them, the Supra TT fit the SC, and so they can be switched. I guess. I'm using the LS400 brake on they SC400 and it's a lot better than the stock SC.

Yeah all TT american supras did.

I'm in New Zealand and we get imports from japan. J - spec supras came with american NA brakes untill 1996ish when they became standard.

SC/LS/Supra brakes and disks are all model swappable which is cool.

I managed to get two LS400 calipers for $250NZD which is great because the TT "bigbrakes" would have cost me around $700NZD iirc just for the front disks and calipers.

+ i have a TT hardtop and am savig weight with the aluminum calipers...= cool!

yeah thats them, dude. the Q above was dumb because it stated disk size in the auction haha.

Obviously cant use those disks am ordering some new ones- aftermarket or std depending on what std toyota disk price is.

Most funny thing is that these LS400 calipers were a TRD upgrade part for all TT mk4 supras (even replacing the TT 4 pots) because they are 9lb rather tan 15.

not bad for $250 delivered

We use R32 skyline turbo calipers - 4 pot aliminuium calipers - easy to get parts - In NZ anyway. Use something that there is plenty avaliable locally - cheers

that's EXACTLY what i'm after
something that's easily locally available
i want to get something that is gonna be easy to get parts for
which is why i was looking towards soemthing off a lexus..
toyota should always make parts for their cars.. but you never know right?
in any case calipers off something like this would prolly be more readily available than parts from an aftermarket supplier..
that's my thought on it anyway..
ill do a little research as my project has stopped.. for now ..
anyway.. thanks for the replies guys keep it coming