1uz aluminum rods

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

shady1375

im in the process of making aluminum rods for my turbo lexus sc400. would anyone be interested in a set after i do the testing on my car? i have enough material to make 4 sets...... let me know.

thanks

Out of curiousity, did you look at using Titanium in lieu of aluminum, and if so, what was the cost?

Yea, I'd priced titanium rods for another project I'm doing and they were way up there. How much are you asking for a set of these aluminum rods?

I'm guessing you're building a high RPM, drag motor? What sort of life or how many passes would you expect out of these?

these have been designed for alcohol motors but im putting a set in my motor to test the life of them under normal driving conditions. the guys running them in their drag motors are getting about 15-20 runs out of a set. if someone wanted a set i would sell them for around 850 a set with the arp bolts for them. we put a solid dowel in the bottom half of the bearing. i should have the first set done about the middle of next week and i will have some pics.....

Interesting to see how they hold up with 'normal' use. What happens when they reach the end of their service life? we talking something mild and obvious or sudden and ugly?

we have allowed plenty of clearence and thats a great question on when they give out..... no idea yet i think they should do just fine..... (i hope) lol

they are milled from a custom aluminum alloy...... im getting ready to install the rods within the next week or so.... i will keep you guys posted

im still waiting on the first set.... i have the alloy specs at the shop. we should have the first set ready in just about 2 weeks. the minute i get the first set i will have plenty of pics! i was hoping to have a set last week but we dont want to rush this product.... thanks for your interest

Dont waste your money, they fatigue quickly and break. Its ugly. Ran a set in a road car for the grand total of about 3000 Km. Then they let go.

BigKriss, thanks for the input. Actually, 3000km on a drag race only motor would be pretty good (12,000 quarter mile passes!). Anyone else have experience with the R&R, or other, aluminum rods. I am starting gather parts for a 4.3 1UZ (2UZ crank in the 1UZ) full race drag only motor.

Yep they expand heaps with heat also..Extra clearance must be added as they grow in length...
Almost all Detroit engines run alloy rods in drag engines..
The softer alloy helps protect rotating assembly ..
They change rods after every meet...

BigKriss, thanks for the input. Actually, 3000km on a drag race only motor would be pretty good (12,000 quarter mile passes!). Anyone else have experience with the R&R, or other, aluminum rods. I am starting gather parts for a 4.3 1UZ (2UZ crank in the 1UZ) full race drag only motor.

Are you going to increase the bore? The 2uz crank has only 1.5mm of stroke over the 1uz or 3uz (84mm vs 82.5mm). I believe the 1st gen 1uz has the strongest crank. The 4.3 liter 3uz has the same stroke as the 1uz.

I would not bore a stock block as the liners are thin with the early engines having the thickest and the 3uz the thinest.

Offset ground 1st gen crank is the strongest way to more displacement. Even then a lot of work and expense for .3 liters. If I was looking for more power I would fit VVTi heads and intake on an early 1uz block with strong pistons and rods.