Already SUPPRISING a few commodore owners

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

deankdx

gots threads for this car all over the place if i keep going i may have to put a link to one main thread, might be good idea?

ANYWAY, picked up the 85 XF ford falcon today drove it home 250km and it used 30ltres LPgas,(very nice but i doubt its tuned properly could be running lean?)

BUT on the way home i was using petrol(assuming premium mostly i added20 litres at least) off the high way as the gas stalls at slow speeds(needs converter cleaned i suspect)
so while in the stop start areas i was on petrol and a few commodores(may have heard V8, but car looks a bit hotted up as well) decided they would try to catch me up on take off as i usually use about half throttle(just enough to get a car lenth. i find it fun anyway) so when i hear a V6 revving harder than normal(which would normally eat a stock ford V8)i planted the foot flat to the floor, by this stage i'm doing 2500rpm with the 2.92 diff(takes off a bit slow) when i leave them behind once more.

BUT luckily or not (i was going to change diff ratio anyway to 3.45) the diff blew up on the way home(these are usually quite strong so there must have been some problem anyway) cos its an LSD it did make it home, but i suspect a PIN broke and it ended up like a locker skipping around corners and clunking

i was hoping to do a run down the Qtr mile with 2.92 for comparason aas it is still quite quick, but unfortunatly i'm not double handling with diff work so centre will be fixed or replaced and 3.45 ratio fitted in one go, i RECKON this thing WILL run a low 15 with 3.45diff, wound speedo off the clock a few times LEGALLY(clock goes to 200km/h) how? speedo reads double at the moment and speed limit was 110kmh a fair way