A What !! A bedford 3ton truck!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ozvenom

Well this is the biggest and heaviest vehicle i have had to put a 1uz into.
and one of the easiest.
It had a ford 200ci carby non crossflow and auto .
Now has a 4.0 ltr 32valve 4 cam wizz banger only the best for the bedford the owner said it is my baby .
every time i do a conversion it gets more fun and i use more from the 1/2 cut each time.

Nice work Venom,

You can make old junk look nice and run awesome.... more pics and details please..... you are building a high tech-low tech car/truck.

Good work, any finished pics????
How is the performance with the the 3T load???

There is an old international in my backyard which I would like to fix up and get going.
There is no way I can get enough time to fix the bodywork and I don't have enough funds to outsource it. So I guess it will stay as it is.

its finished.

Well it has been a bit of a slog to get this one done but its finished after about 50 hours. after pulling the old engine out i had to fit efi fuel lines and reroute wiring. and fabricate a cradle across the chassis to support the engine.
at least there was plenty of room to get the engine and trans in. with a set of 1 1/2" stainless headers with 2 1/2" secondarys which merge into 3"pipe a 3"cat then a 3" chamber muffler . oh boy its the best sounding bedford i have ever heard or for that a 1uzfe .
The fuel system consists of a facet solidstate low pressure pump filling a swirl pot which then feeds the bosch efi pump. i allways use this type of system on conversions unless it has a factory intank efi pump.
The shifter had to be mounted on a alloy box so you can reach it.The old shifter was on the floor and a pain to use.
Wiring is piece of cake with one of my wiring looms ready to go in . I mounted the relay box and computers on the fire wall inside the cab behind the glove box. had to block off the air vent on that side so water didnt get on the electrics. drive shaft is 2 piece unit so had the front half lenthened about 4 " and a toyota yoke fitted. i used the gas pedal / radiator/ engine fan and overflow bottle out of the 1/2 cut
I still have to set up the ratio box to get the shift pattern right but its all done.
see pics . I think it needs better brakes now .
Anything is possible it just takes time and money.