95SC4 help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LexAnt

Hey guys,

I have a 95 SC4. Here's the situation. So I tried to have my car dynotuned only to find out that the safc2 was pulling close to -30% to get somewhat close to 13:1 a/f, instead the leanest I could get to was 12.5:1 at one point, the rest running richer, and pulling any more fuel didn't result in anything. So I figured it was pretty much suffocating rather than just running rich. So in an attempt to get more airflow into the engine, I did what most MKIII users do and modify the adjustment screw on the MAF. I did so, only to now find my a/f ratios are running erratic. I'm monitoring through the innovate LC1 standalone gauge kit. Now I've tried to revert the screw back to stock location, and I'm having no luck in fixing this problem. When I'm getting off the freeway or stopping from 45mph or more, the car runs rich, dropping from 14.3-14.9 all the way down to 10 and then jumps to 11. If i stop at this point, the car sputters, the ecu trying to correct, goes lean to 17 and back to 11, and the engine dies. Also, another thing i noticed after i did this was that at like 1% throttle, the a/f drops to 12.5-13 before goin back to stoichmetric after i give more throttle. My mechanic thinks it might be a vacuum leak since I went back to my stock intake over my injen sri. Any helpful ideas or opinions on how to fix or diagnose be greatly appreciated.
I've already tried resetting the ecu, reverted the screw back to many positions and all had the same result.

I'm stumped... and beginning to hate the car dying at stoplights now.

TIA,
Anthony

You are leaning it too much where the stock ecu compensate... try go back to ZERO and go from there. Too lean become rich.....

Attachments

• R27.jpg
    R27.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7504.JPG
    IMG_7504.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7531.JPG
    IMG_7531.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 12
yea right now, i have all settings on the safc2 set to 0% correction. The adjustment screw i've been messing with trying to get back to a good position, but am having no such luck, i've gone from the tip being in the middle (the farthest in it can go) to completely backed out (the screw out of the unmetered area) and it's still acting like this.