95 runner 1uzfe swap questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

doc702

Hi fellas. Currently in iraq hoping to possibly do this 1uzfe swap when I get back. Ok my 95 runner is all stock 2wd automatic. I want to keep it mostly stock if possible the tranny's good but the engine is crap. I really don't do much off roadin with it but its kinda a hobby vehicle. Would it be ok to keep it 2wd with the engine swap?

#1 Is the stock tranny on the 4runner compatible with the 1uz?

#2 Would it be possible to convert 2wd to 4wd with auto tranny? Worth the trouble?

Many thanks!

#1. Stock trans will not mate up with the 1uz without an adapter. Because you have an auto why wouldn't just use the Lexus auto trans?
#2. Yes you can convert a 2wd to 4wd, but you will need a transfer case. If going with Toyota you have 2 options gear driven or chain. Your 95 would have had a chain driven if it were a 4wd. Then you will need a front differential. Front drive shaft. ADD and vaccum lines or a manual hub kit. Then to mate the 1uz auto transmission to the transfer case you would need the prerunner adapter from Inchworm.com

I feel it would be easier to go to a wrecked 4Runner of the same generation, strip out all the 4wd parts, and go to town on your 4Runner. But it won't be that easy.

By the way seeing as you are in vegas why would you need 4wd??? I lived there for 19 years and unless you are a desert rat you never would use it. Even then 2wd in the desert works fine.

And welcome!

Hey thanks for the info man much appriciated! will post more question when i actually make the swap!