93 SC400 Problems

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cubanman2

I have been having problems with my 93 sc400. I have only had it for 8months and do not know to much about it. 2 months ago when i drove my car from miami florida up to virginia is when the trouble started. Currently the car has no power when i press the gas pedal. It accelarates slow. I toke it to the lexus dealer and they told me that the front cats were cloged and that they were getting glowing red. I verified that problem when i saw them glowing my self. I hollowed my cats and now have straight flow through. This did not solve the problem. I did a tune-up were i changed the spark plugs,spark plug wires, distro cap and distro rotor i think it is called and front 02 censors. That did not solve the problem. I had a guy i know in advance auto that has his own OBDI and it showed my left 02 censor was indicating that it was running lean. When he accelarated the car to try and make them run rich he could not. He suggested that the injectors might be clogged or there might be a leak somewhere. I bought two cans of seafoam and that did not fix the problem but i did get a little gain of power. I bought two more cans of seafoam the next day but nothing happened. I need some help from people that really know lexus. What can this problem be?

Definitely sounds like fuel.

Is the engine check light on?

Try replacing the fuel filter as it may be clogged.

Try having the injectors removed and cleaned and flow tested. On car cleaning is not very effective.

You could have a faulty fuel pressure regulator but i wouldn't expect it.

The check engine is not on. That is going to be my next step to clean the injectors themselves. Does anyone else have an idea what can be causeing this.

Another thing i want to add is that the car seems to be wasting allot more gas then it use too. If it is running lean, why is it wasting so much gas?

Yes, i changed the front two O2 censors. I left the two O2 censors after the cats alone. Could that cause the slow accelaration? I know that could cause the gas consumption.

If the engine is long and straight it is a 6 cylinder.

If it has a hairdryer (old fashioned type!) type thingy hanging off one side it is a turbo six. It may even have two such thingy's which in some peoples mind will make it more desirable.

If it has two alloy and black sections separated by about 15" with one saying "Toyota" or "V8 Four Cam 32" you can be fairly sure you have a V8.

As your local gas attendant and he'll tell you.