7 second Supra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
Some people mistakenly believe Supras are only dyno queens, and can make big numbers only when on the rollers, however a number of Supras show good numbers at the strip too. The following was taken from Titan Motorsports' writeup on the recent TX2K6 Supra meet held in Houston:

"Kean Wang running a Titan Stroker in his Boost Logic Supra would go 8.1 to take the #1 qualifier but that wouldn't last but a few minutes when the Titan Supra went 7.94 @ 181 to be the first car at the annual TX2k event to break into the 7's and a first for Team Titan's Supra to go 7's with pilot Gary White.

Congratulations to Ryan Woon 8.70, Cody Phillips 8.89, Kean Wang 8.0, Ian Polan 8.5, Jamie Carter 909rwhp, Dana Westover 1140rwhp."

I'd say breaking into the 7's isn't bad for a car that's "only" a dyno queen :veryhappy

I agree to a point. Dont get me wrong, I love supra (all generation) and if the new one looks anything like the prototype, then there will be one in my garage, but all the cars that you listed a purpose built drag cars. Most street high HP cars are just dyno queens. Like I said, most not all. I have seen a few daily driven (or somewhat daily driven) high HP supra's that were fast on the strip also, but not nearly as many that make big numbers on the dyno and yet run slow times on the strip for how much hp they are making.

I think typically the cars that put down big power and run slow times at the strip are 6-speeds. With no low end power they are difficult to launch well, and it seems most drivers are poor examples as well. :shrug: To make a Supra fast/quick at the strip you need to set it up for that, it seems most people either don't want to do that, or don't know how.

Just my thoughts.

DaveH

if you need to shift once every second--YES..
veryhappy.gif
.. autos are much more strip friendly.. and imo a 2 speed powerglide would be a killer auto for a turbo car..

At the track you have to have a system and know how to drive. On a close to 1000 HP car a pro driver can cut 2.5 sec or better depending how bad the novice is.

IRS, the Supras in that range presenty are not back-halved. Not many, but some, are street driven.

Eric

Attachments

• DSCN0622.JPG
    DSCN0622.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 9
Impressive...7 second Supra's... Any 7 second SC Lexus's or Soarer's? They share the same subframes so I would think why not....

It's safe to say this SC dragster does it in less then 7 seconds if I remember reading correctly...

Seriously,lexus and soarers in street trims are way too heavy..
What I don't understand..900+rwhp...even 1000+ rwhp,and still do 8-9 sec...where iv heard of less power than that goes sub 7's..please explain..? BTW still very good performances though..

Seriously,lexus and soarers in street trims are way too heavy..
What I don't understand..900+rwhp...even 1000+ rwhp,and still do 8-9 sec...where iv heard of less power than that goes sub 7's..please explain..? BTW still very good performances though..
traction. you just cant put that much power down as efficiantly with the stock suspension setup as you can if you convert the rear half to a tube frame / dedicated drag setup, more traction = faster times with less power (when we're talking 1000HP+ level anyway)

JB - That SC300 looks as if it is built solely for drag...It has the front skinnies going and the rear chute pull... Not so sure that would be a practical drive??? Still it looks to be a very fast SC300. However, that Supra in the above link still takes the cake in my book... That baby simply hauled...