1997 1UZFE 3-5 second start issue

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
btw, as for the code 12
it's normal in some cases
for example when you turn ignition on and not crank the engine. Or if you crank it but there's no input to STA pin. In short, check that there's +12V at STA when cranking

it will not cure the 5sec start problem but that should eliminate the DTC so you don't suspect it any longer

George, thanks for your help. Not only did i have one of the speed sensors disconnected from the gearbox, i had not yet hooked the STA wire back to the start relay for +12v when cranking. For now the NSW is connected into the start relay until i get the auto column shift setup and i will probably put a brake switch in too as an extra precaution.

You wouldn't happen to know the best place to get the speedo signal from would you?

mrdale, I always use the rear reluctor type sensor which is used by engine/trans ECU. I designed a number of adapters which would connect to the sensor in parallel to the ECU and not disrupt ECU's normal operation. The devices then modify signal's frequency and their output signal is compatible to any electronic speedo. I took special care for the frequency correction factor to be easily adjustable. I think not only I came with a solution like this, try searching ebay etc.

George, thanks for your help. Not only did i have one of the speed sensors disconnected from the gearbox, i had not yet hooked the STA wire back to the start relay for +12v when cranking. For now the NSW is connected into the start relay until i get the auto column shift setup and i will probably put a brake switch in too as an extra precaution.

You wouldn't happen to know the best place to get the speedo signal from would you?

Were you able to run it? what was the trouble???

If it was the immobilizer what caused the failure, the ECU would throw the 99 DTC

There's a possible problem with the IGF2 (or IGF1, can't recall) being in different location on different ECU's , but then DTC 14 or 15 would be displayed

In such case, IGF1 is in the slot of IGF2 and viceversa or tottally different location?

I have one 1UZ first generartion that starts for one sec and stops. I builded the inginer and maf wiring as per diagrams and looks to be ok,

In such case, IGF1 is in the slot of IGF2 and viceversa or tottally different location?

I have one 1UZ first generartion that starts for one sec and stops. I builded the inginer and maf wiring as per diagrams and looks to be ok,

Its a 80/40 ECU connected as:
56 - IGT2
57 - IGT1
58 - IGF1
59 - IGF2

Cant read codes already

I was talking about one particular issue that I personally seen. There were two ecus one for a crown and another one for a celsior. Both 1uz non vvti, 4 connectors , something like 34-36-26-18 or close to that.

One of the IGF pins had the same location on both ECUs while another one was in totally different location on a Crown ECU