500hp NA Emissions legal manifolds

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

Sweet... new BMW M5 V10 stock exhaust manifolds... engine makes 500hp... each manifold supports 250hp...

21-800.jpg

Here is the REST of the engine... VERY VERY SWEET...

Warning, 6mb of pictures.

http://www.bmwm5.com/articles/m5e60/pressrelease2/julye60m5pressrelease2.html

It's almost like a F1 engine! well it is built in the same factory as the Williams V10's :) Did you notice where the catalytic convertor is? The best place if you wanna pass emissions!!! I'll add this to my wish list

Trvln Nalzmn said:
Holly crap! its very rare to look at a peice of engineering and not be able to spot any way to improve it. Definitely no compromise.

No way to improve on them?
Modify (Or make a suitable set) to go onto a 1 or 3uz
(And ditch the cats of course)

Logan

LEXUSV8NZ said:
No way to improve on them?
Modify (Or make a suitable set) to go onto a 1 or 3uz
(And ditch the cats of course)

Logan

I am thinking that TN meant that the entire engine package was essentially perfect from the factory and not necessarily the exhaust.

The exhaust is very nice for what it is... an emissions compliant 500hp system... no small feat.

That said there is always room for improvement but of course the better the starting point the less potential gain is available. At this power level on that engine this exhaust system is probably between 90-95% efficient. So, there MAY be another 25-50hp available in a PERFECT system... but is it really worth the effort to TRY? It would take optimized primary length, primary diameter, A/R ports, primary step/no step, step size, step location, port exit angle, bend minimization (number and severity), gas control at all these points, collector shape (lots of variable here), merge angles, collector exit size-lenght-taper, secondary diameter-size-length and then ballance of the system.

I hope I am conveying the VAST area of variable presented in a system. Anyone that claims to have tested all possible configurations is either ignorant or a liar. On top of that the RPM range that is to be favored and the RPM ranges that are to be at less than max efficiency also effects nearly every variable above.

As far as modifying these... no... not an option... first of all BMW would probably charge at LEAST $5000 for a set. They are V10 manifolds. They are engine/chasis specific.

Now, using the same idea... IE, maximized shorty style headers is exactly what I hope to accomplish with my (stalled) header project.

Yeah I was talking about the overall package. It looks more like a race engine than a road car. Compare the intake and exhaust to that of the ones fitted to the 1uzfe road cars. The intake on a 1uzfe has a single plenum and throttle. The BMW has two plenums, a throttle per cylinder and trumpets.

I also made the comment in jest, not trying to downplay the results that BMW have come up with
Just that there are a lot of Lexus owners that would like something that was anywhere near as good as this package as far as the amount of research and development that has gone into that setup
I just re-read my post, I wasnt meaning it would be practical or economical to modify a set of these to work with a UZ engine, just that it would be nice to have a similarly developed system compatible with the lexus engines

Logan

Trvln Nalzmn said:
Yeah I was talking about the overall package. It looks more like a race engine than a road car. Compare the intake and exhaust to that of the ones fitted to the 1uzfe road cars. The intake on a 1uzfe has a single plenum and throttle. The BMW has two plenums, a throttle per cylinder and trumpets.

Actually, the VVTi 1UZFE and 3UZFE have NINE throttles!!! The main throttle and then 8 secondary throttles... not too bad, eh!